Gold Necklace - Tiffany, Dana Rebecca - Need help

emchhardy

O.G.
Feb 12, 2013
I need help. I'm saving up $ for a yellow gold everyday type necklace. I've narrowed it down to these choices (have to keep it around $600 or less due to budget). I like all but am not sure what is the best decison for me. I'm 41 years old so I want something that's going to "age" with me. I have the filigree heart but in medium and sterling silver but really love it so that's why it's on the list. I don't have much either in terms of gold jewelry, especially necklaces and bracelets. Please help me choose and if you have any other suggestions within my budget, I'm open to those. Any modeling pictures of these would be great too. Thanks!

Tiffany Locks heart lock pendant in 18k gold, mini
Tiffany Infinity Pendant in 18k gold
Tiffany Filigree Heart pendant in 18k gold, mini
OR
Dana Rebecca Lauren Joy (Mini) in 14k yellow gold

My choice would be the Filigree heart, but if you've already got it in silver, then switching up for a different design would be better imo.

The Infinity pendant is a pretty and classic piece, but the Joy is very beautiful as well. I really am no help, am I, lol?

I own the mini lock and infinity. I love them both and love the choices you have listed. The one thing I will warn you about with the infinity is that the chains get twisted together as the day goes on and need occasional adjustment. If that doesn't bother you then that would be my first choice. My second choice would be the filigree heart because I love the design and it appears that you love it enough to consider adding one in gold. Here are my mod shots of the two I have. I hope they are helpful!

Attachments

• image-1236669674.jpg
    image-1236669674.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 5,218
  • image-471322930.jpg
    image-471322930.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 1,850
Thanks NurseAnn for posting these.
I really like the way the small locks pendant looks. They're both lovely but that one just seems more like me.
This is going to be a tough decision because the Lauren Joy one is still very much in the running too.

Thanks NurseAnn for posting these.
I really like the way the small locks pendant looks. They're both lovely but that one just seems more like me.
This is going to be a tough decision because the Lauren Joy one is still very much in the running too.

There's a thread that had a modeling picture or two of the Lauren Joy. I'll see if I can find it and link it to you later (or just copy and paste the pictures)!

I actually have the Dana Rebecca Lauren Joy necklace and I love it. It's great because not everyone has it and in a way seems more special than Tiffany ones. It also looks really great when I layer it with other necklaces. Below is a shot of me wearing the Lauren Joy in yellow gold with white diamonds in the 16 inch length. It also comes in an 18 inch length if you wanted it to be a bit longer. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,022
Out of all the options, I really like the Dana Rebecca Lauren Joy the best. The yellow gold is great as a classic everyday piece and as you mentioned, I think it will definitely age with you. The Tiffany ones seem almost trendy. Let us know which one you decide to get!!

Dana Rebecca for me. You should also check out vale jewelry. I bought three of their gold necklaces and love them! There is also Lizzie scheck which produced the horseshoe necklace for satc and other ones

I think this is going to be hard - it's really a toss up between the Lauren Joy, Tiffany Locks heart, and now one (14K tiny bowl with diamond - very cute) I've found on the Vale Jewelry web site. The Tiffany one is the most expensive and the Joy one is the least and honestly, I would be happy with any of them so it's going to be very tough. Arrgh!

I think this is going to be hard - it's really a toss up between the Lauren Joy, Tiffany Locks heart, and now one (14K tiny bowl with diamond - very cute) I've found on the Vale Jewelry web site. The Tiffany one is the most expensive and the Joy one is the least and honestly, I would be happy with any of them so it's going to be very tough. Arrgh!
Vale jewelry is super durable btw too! I wore mine 24/7; the chains catch the light really nicely and just glisten on the neck. Good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide. Could you link the Vale one that's now in the running?