Gold Kelly with ghw or phw? Please help me decide...

Which would you take?

• Kelly 28 gold with ghw

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Kelly 28 gold with phw

Votes: 43 50.6%

• Total voters

califl

Jul 25, 2016
i am struggling to decide for my first kelly...I know I love gold, however am curious for fellow tpf members, would you take any hardware with this color leather on a kelly or do you have a stronger preference towards a certain hardware and why?

Would you buy the same exact bag with different hardware? Even if I could, I would prefer to have fewer bags vs. more. Also, my closet size is definitely limited!

I've searched for other threads ab this but was unable to find one geared specifically torwards the kelly. Thanks guys for contributing!

MommyDaze

Feb 8, 2015
SoCal
i am struggling to decide for my first kelly...I know I love gold, however am curious for fellow tpf members, would you take any hardware with this color leather on a kelly or do you have a stronger preference towards a certain hardware and why?

Would you buy the same exact bag with different hardware? Even if I could, I would prefer to have fewer bags vs. more. Also, my closet size is definitely limited!

I've searched for other threads ab this but was unable to find one geared specifically torwards the kelly. Thanks guys for contributing!
I prefer ghw with warm toned colors, but would never turn down a gold Kelly with phw.

Reactions: califl

catsinthebag

adopt a shelter pet!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2010
Boston Strong!
I prefer the cool tone of PHW against the warmth of Gold. Gold with GHW is too monochromatic for me.

To answer your other question, I would not buy two of the same bag with different HW. There are too many wonderful styles and colors (and not a big enough money tree) for me to duplicate!

califl

Jul 25, 2016
In general, I am willing to mix metals. However, does anyone think that the gold w ghw is more of a year round bag (more wearable in winter) than phw?

Jo77

Apr 22, 2016
In all honesty, both are lovely, especially if its in retourne. Phw blends in nicely with the white stitching while ghw gives it abit more glam. I think really depends if its going be a daily bag and whats hardware for your daily accessories. Congrats in advance!

odette57

O.G.
Jan 3, 2010
California
I like gold with ghw. And I really don't care about mixing and matching. I wear platinum/white gold and yellow together.

That's on my wishlist and I am waiting for one. I probably won't decline a phw though.:smile:

Reactions: needlv and califl
Jan 15, 2011
I have a gold K28 Togo PHW and have had the same in Birkin Clemence. I prefer PHW with Gold as with almost everything, but both are lovely. To me PHW is more striking and modern and fits with the stitching. Gold has that richness and a bit of bling that brings a different vibe.
Regarding seasons, I think both are seasonless - although the slightly more casual vibe of gold leather does connote a relaxed feeling, I don't think the HW makes a difference.
In the end it's the HW you prefer, which sounds like GHW.