gold hardware vs. silver hardware-Advice and comments please

Wow, Golden's mom, the same thing happened to me and I too purchased a Cartier stainless (was afraid to replace with similar diamond/gold watch)!

I have always had gold hardware on my bags even tho all my daily jewelry is platinium. Just recently I purchased a pladium hardware bag. I agree with everyone who has said that the hardware should bring out the leather rather than match jewelry. Of course, I do not match my shoes to my bag either.

I don't really wear much jewelery, but when I do I feel inclined towards silver/white gold. I do believe I'd go for this kind of hardware on a bag 'cause I have a huge problem of being matchy.. although the colour of the bag might change my mind.

i don't mix my jewelry but i'm fine with mixing my bag hardware with jewelry. i think the hardware should match the bag. some colors look great with gold or palladium (like black or gold); while others look better with gold or palladium (like fuschia and blue jean with palladium).

in general i think gold hardware "dresses up" a bag. makes it look more traditional, formal, dressy, and in general i think palladium makes it look more modern, casual, young.

i struggled with the gold versus palladium question with my black box kelly. i am a palladium girl who had to choose gold for the black box. i couldn't resist the "classic" look. i'm so glad i chose gold even though i wear white gold/platinum most of the time. i think all future bags will be palladium though since i dress more casual than my kelly.

I mix everything anyway so handbag hardware doesn't make too much difference to me. The only requirement I have is that it looks lovely against the color/leather combination of the bag. KWIM? For example....I had a lovely Caramel Chevre Kelly with gold hardware and that Gold just GLOWED against the color/leather combo of the bag! Such a stunning combination!

Couldn't agree more, shopmom! Colour/Leather/Hardware combination is THE only consideration that I make when it comes to choosing colour of hardware. I do not bother to go matchy matchy with the jewellery I wear.

I tend to match the hardware with my jewelry, which also usually coordinates with the "tone" of the bag (cool vs. warm) and whatever I'm wearing, since my warm-toned bag (Gold) has gold hw and my cool-toned bag (ebene) has palladium hw. Sounds a bit anal, doesn't it? Yikes.

I prefer GH over PH, unless it's a color which (to me) just can't go with GH, eg. blues. THEN, I try to match my jewellery with my H bag. If nothing goes, a tennis bracelet always works!

in general i think gold hardware "dresses up" a bag. makes it look more traditional, formal, dressy, and in general i think palladium makes it look more modern, casual, young.

i struggled with the gold versus palladium question with my black box kelly. i am a palladium girl who had to choose gold for the black box. i couldn't resist the "classic" look. i'm so glad i chose gold even though i wear white gold/platinum most of the time.

ITA, kim_mac, and like both GHW and PHW for these reasons. For my serious bags (Sellier Box Kelly, Sellier Porosus Kelly and Lizard Constance) only GHW would do. I've got a couple of SO's for shiny Porosus Birkins, both with PHW because I want a more modern look for the Birkins.