gold hardware vs. silver hardware-Advice and comments please

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  2. I don't really wear much jewelery, but when I do I feel inclined towards silver/white gold. I do believe I'd go for this kind of hardware on a bag 'cause I have a huge problem of being matchy.. although the colour of the bag might change my mind.

3. i don't mix my jewelry but i'm fine with mixing my bag hardware with jewelry. i think the hardware should match the bag. some colors look great with gold or palladium (like black or gold); while others look better with gold or palladium (like fuschia and blue jean with palladium).

in general i think gold hardware "dresses up" a bag. makes it look more traditional, formal, dressy, and in general i think palladium makes it look more modern, casual, young.

i struggled with the gold versus palladium question with my black box kelly. i am a palladium girl who had to choose gold for the black box. i couldn't resist the "classic" look. i'm so glad i chose gold even though i wear white gold/platinum most of the time. i think all future bags will be palladium though since i dress more casual than my kelly.

4. Couldn't agree more, shopmom! Colour/Leather/Hardware combination is THE only consideration that I make when it comes to choosing colour of hardware. I do not bother to go matchy matchy with the jewellery I wear.

5. :yes:Me too!

6. I tend to match the hardware with my jewelry, which also usually coordinates with the "tone" of the bag (cool vs. warm) and whatever I'm wearing, since my warm-toned bag (Gold) has gold hw and my cool-toned bag (ebene) has palladium hw. Sounds a bit anal, doesn't it? Yikes.

7. I prefer GH over PH, unless it's a color which (to me) just can't go with GH, eg. blues. THEN, I try to match my jewellery with my H bag. If nothing goes, a tennis bracelet always works!

8. ITA, kim_mac, and like both GHW and PHW for these reasons. For my serious bags (Sellier Box Kelly, Sellier Porosus Kelly and Lizard Constance) only GHW would do. I've got a couple of SO's for shiny Porosus Birkins, both with PHW because I want a more modern look for the Birkins.