gold hardware vs. silver hardware-Advice and comments please

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I wear silver/white gold/platinum metals always for my jewelry and other accessories. I have always only purchased Hermes bags with silver hardware. however recently i bought a bag with gold HW because I was limiting myself too much for what I could purchase. Do you all mix and match? I am a very matchy person but does it look okay to wear all white metal jewelry and a bag with gold?

2. I'm like you except I used to only wear gold jewelry. My wedding band is yellow gold and I just can't mix and match metals. I think it looks good on others but I just can't do it :shrugs: Then I fell in love with a Blue Jean Kelly and couldn't resist it despite the hardware. When I bought it I had a white gold version of my wedding band made and it just opened up another world for me, lol. Plus a whole other set of new jewelry :P

3. I am the same!! I think that it is fine to mix and match and looks very modern. (Who really notices anyway?) However, I can NOT do it. I have tried and I just feel wrong. I almost exclusively wore gold but had to buy some things in white gold and platinum to match my bag hardware!

4. I used to feel very matchy-matchy about my jewelry but I find that I don't really care anymore, as long as the rest of the outfit goes together!

And I have a beautiful bracelet with silver and a gold tab together, so since I wear that all the time, I match whatever I'm wearing :biggrin:

5. I mix everything anyway so handbag hardware doesn't make too much difference to me. The only requirement I have is that it looks lovely against the color/leather combination of the bag. KWIM? For example....I had a lovely Caramel Chevre Kelly with gold hardware and that Gold just GLOWED against the color/leather combo of the bag! Such a stunning combination!

6. I do not mix jewlery ( i wear white gold or platinum) but I do not try to match handbag hardware to my jewlery. It use to bother me but I used LV for years and all they have is that brass/gold and it made me get over the hardware jewlery matching issue. My kelly is plad hw and my birkin is gold hw and I just pick the bag that goes with my outfit best irregardless of hardware

7. Totally agree with shopmom and she knows best!

For me, it is the color/leather and hw match up on the bag...I don't even let it phase me if it matches my jewelry!!!

Enjoy your new bag!

8. thanks everyone--i feel slightly better:smile:

9. You should feel better completely. LOL. I have asked myself the same question. I tend to be matchy matchy although I am being more relaxed these days...:yes: The color that I am looking for in Hermes looks better to me with gold hardware than silver and I tell you I going for it as soon as I find it. :wtf:

10. I wear both so have no problem with either -- however -- my gold ostrich as in my avatar just looks so amazing with the gold! I also had an indigo bolide before with gold and it was just so rich looking - so I guess some colors to me, look all the more gorgeous with gold at times and some look better with the silver -- I had a potiron bag at one point w/silver and thought it would have looked better with gold...which color are you thinking?

11. I am not matchy at all. I wear whatever strikes my fancy for the day. Four years ago I was followed home from the grocery, and robbed at gun point in my garage. The thief relieved me of a lovely gold w/ diamond bezel watch. I replaced it with a Cartier stainless, and now I just wear whatever. I don't think it matters to anyone, but you, if you mix metals. But, if it bothers you, purchase a gold and sterling bracelet. There are tons of great looking ones...that solves the problem.

12. First, golden's mom, thank goodness you survived being robbed at gunpoint.

I wear mostly platinunum, sterling and stainless steel, and almost all of my Hermes bags have GHW. I don't give matching my jewelry and handbag hardware a thought.

13. I don't mind mix and match and IMO it's actually quite modern.

14. Like for my h/w to match my jewelry most of which is white metals. On the occasion that a wear a bag with gold h/w I'll find something gold to wear with it.:yes: