Gold Hardware To Be Discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranag

Light Years Away
Jan 4, 2006
I was at the South Coast Plaza Bal store this weekend, and they told me that they are going to discontinue gold hardware for the bags. Has anyone else heard this?

I am more of a Hermes/Bottega kind of bag gal, but I was thinking of getting a City bag with gold hardware. They told me it would be very difficult to get in the future...

Thoughts?

Ranag

Light Years Away
Jan 4, 2006
Thanks NYCavalier. I have found that the SA's at the Bal boutiques I have visited really do not know what is going on most of the time :Push:

This store acted like this was a new thing. They did have a few non-black bags with gold hardware in stock still.

HandbagAngel

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 18, 2006
Those GGH must be from previous seasons. Pivione GGH recently was released as "limited edition". I know they made Pivione GGH City but am not sure if there are other styles Bal had made for this combo.

rollergirl

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
Sometimes the boutiques have past season bags with GGH, or get a few from the warehouse. SCP recently got some gorgeous coral bags with GGH, that just showed up. Maybe this news means no more GGH even on black.

Ranag

Light Years Away
Jan 4, 2006
Sometimes the boutiques have past season bags with GGH, or get a few from the warehouse. SCP recently got some gorgeous coral bags with GGH, that just showed up. Maybe this news means no more GGH even on black.
I am not familiar with most of the bal color names, so I would not know coral if it hit me upside the head...lol :P I am sure most of the items that I saw with gold were older stock with the exception of the pivoine.

I was looking for a poupre City with gold hardware. They had other styles in this color with gold, but not the City. They told me it was unlikely that they would be able to get one in.

Like I said before, this store really does not know what they are doing a lot of the time. Perhaps they are just now being told that they will receive no more gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.