Gold hardware tarnish?

Hi! That isn't tarnish, it looks like your plating is peeling. Sorry you are experiencing this. It could be that the plates on the flap of the kelly was scratching against the turnlock as you were opening and closing.

Again don't worry, Hermes can easily replace the hardware. That is the perk of buying Hermes! :smile:
Thanks! I'm pretty bummed because the kelly is not even 1 year old (well almost, got her end of July of last year). I'm actually thinking about just holding off having it sent for replacement for now because my SA said that if it needs replacement it would take about 4 months. :sad:

Hi tpf members,

I've this kelly25 stamp T having discolouration at the hardware which I've circled in red. Does anyone has this issue with their hardware and is there any solution to remove it? Appreciate your kind input. I've also read in some thread someone uses connoisseurs gold polishing cloth to polish it. Will it remove this discoloration on the hardware? Will the cloth makes the hardware dull after polishing? I'm also worried to use any kind of polishing cream in the market as I couldn't find someone who can really recommend which polishing cream that can be used to polish the hardware without doing any harm to it.

Appreciate some kind feedback from tpf members.
Thank in advance.

Attachments

• 20191106_113809.jpg
    20191106_113809.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 496
  • 20191106_114100.jpg
    20191106_114100.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 511
  • 20191106_113923.jpg
    20191106_113923.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 491
  • 20191106_114129.jpg
    20191106_114129.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 464
View attachment 4582661 I noticed that the hardware at the bases of my Kelly handle is tarnishing. Is this normal? Should I send it to the store or is there a DIY fix for this?

Try to use a rubber (yes the stationary rubber for students) to rub the ghw, it may work. I did it to my Cartier gold plated watch when there was some tarnished marks. It works.

Hi tpf members,

I've this kelly25 stamp T having discolouration at the hardware which I've circled in red. Does anyone has this issue with their hardware and is there any solution to remove it? Appreciate your kind input. I've also read in some thread someone uses connoisseurs gold polishing cloth to polish it. Will it remove this discoloration on the hardware? Will the cloth makes the hardware dull after polishing? I'm also worried to use any kind of polishing cream in the market as I couldn't find someone who can really recommend which polishing cream that can be used to polish the hardware without doing any harm to it.

Appreciate some kind feedback from tpf members.
Thank in advance.

Just checking if you've taken the plastic off it yet?

Just checking if you've taken the plastic off it yet?
Yes I've taken it off but not sure why i felt there's still a plastic there. I try hard to remove the plastic at the end get more scratches on the surface but somehow I felt the surface is slightly different from the hook surface. Not sure if the previous owner had an orange shield sticker on it.

Reactions: papertiger
Try to use a rubber (yes the stationary rubber for students) to rub the ghw, it may work. I did it to my Cartier gold plated watch when there was some tarnished marks. It works.
Omg thks candyapple15 for giving feedback to the previous posting and I have tried cleaning it with eraser (white soft stationery eraser) and tadaa the effect is perfect.
Lesson learnt should ask in tpf forum before trying all the method by own.
Do u have any suggestion, ways to remove hairline scratches on hardware?

Attachments

• 20191106_183129.jpg
    20191106_183129.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 361
  • 20191106_183143.jpg
    20191106_183143.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 353
Omg thks candyapple15 for giving feedback to the previous posting and I have tried cleaning it with eraser (white soft stationery eraser) and tadaa the effect is perfect.

:yahoo:

Well done you and @candyapple15 !!!!

WOWZA! Perfection!

That's great. I use this method on my slightly tarnished gold plated watches, any gold plated hardware or even gold rim porcelain plate, quick and easy.

Reactions: YEANETT and Nerja
Yes I've taken it off but not sure why i felt there's still a plastic there. I try hard to remove the plastic at the end get more scratches on the surface but somehow I felt the surface is slightly different from the hook surface. Not sure if the previous owner had an orange shield sticker on it.

It might just be the photo but it looks to me like there is a sticker of some sort still on the hardware.

Yes @Etriers i felt the same as u so I've been keep trying to remove the sticker causing many scrathes on the hardware. Do u know if a gold polishing cloth may remove the scrathes?

I don’t know, I’ve never tried that kind of cloth. But, the hardware shouldn’t really scratch that easily, which is another reason it seems like there is a film. Plastic would scratch really easily with your finger, but it’s not that easy to scratch that H Gold just with your fingernail. The hardware should be really rich and shiny. I don’t know. :confused1: I wonder if the previous owner used a protector of some sort. Can you ask her?