Gold hardware regret! anyone?

Jan 3, 2013
my friend bought her chanel maxi flap last march and noticed that her CC ghw has tarnished a bit..i also deal with the same problem on my chanel GST which i purchased in april this year. but my SHW on the maxi flap which i purchased in last january still look like a brand new..no starches at all.. n i also notice the same problem with my GHW on my beige claire flap bag..it really makes me frustrated.. what happen to the latest chanel bags quality? some of my friend carrying a vintage bag n the GHW of the bag still look brand new..unlike the current flap bag..especially the GHW..anyone experience it? please share. i live in Malaysia. does the weather here affecting the quality of the hardware?

Reactions: blue2013
I agree; take in any bag with tarnish and let the SA explain this to you (why it happened and how they are going to fix it). I think this is yet again more evidence of the quality of Chanel going downhill. One wonders if these are those great metal parts Chanel admitted to farming out.

Replying to the title of this thread, I do regret getting ghw on my GST; I let others' opinions sway me, and I should have gone with what I love, which is shw. I've used the bag only once, so no idea of how the hardware looks. Guess I'll get a look at it after I'm settled in and the boxes get unpacked.

I agree; take in any bag with tarnish and let the SA explain this to you (why it happened and how they are going to fix it). I think this is yet again more evidence of the quality of Chanel going downhill. One wonders if these are those great metal parts Chanel admitted to farming out.

I bought M/L gold hardware 3 years ago. I only carried it few times. I notice gold turn lock is tarnishing. I wish I had silver hardware not GHW.

I agree with the above, the quality is going downhill. :nogood:

I have 2 GHW purses that show some signs of discoloration.

I've a GST with shw and every couple of months the rings tarnishes. I don't rotate the bags enough but am careful to place it in its dust bag without tightening the tops together with dehumidifiers. I mentioned it to a SA and he just shrugged if off and mentioned something about oxidisation. I use a jewellery cleaner and a felt cloth to give it a vigorous rub. Strangely only the rings have this problem. The other parts and bags with shw are fine.

I've a GST with shw and every couple of months the rings tarnishes. I don't rotate the bags enough but am careful to place it in its dust bag without tightening the tops together with dehumidifiers. I mentioned it to a SA and he just shrugged if off and mentioned something about oxidisation. I use a jewellery cleaner and a felt cloth to give it a vigorous rub. Strangely only the rings have this problem. The other parts and bags with shw are fine.
is the quality of GST n flap bag hardware are same?

Really ! I was thinking getting next chanel bag with GHW. I have been in love with SHW but lately I start to think GHW goes well with certain colors.

I took out my old LV bag from more than 5 years ago, the HW still so shiny, really shows the quality, was thinking chanel should be at least the same if not better. Now it seems I need to think twice before getting GHW. With the price increasing sky high, the quality should no doubt getting better.:sad: Sigh.