Gold hardware regret! anyone?

This is so sad to hear.... I've always loved the Chanel ghw. But this tarnishing issue happened to me once on one of the shw grommet on my new bag. I took it back to Chanel and they sent it for polishing. So far, almost a year now it's still ok. I really hope they will be able to do something to solve your problem.

This makes me so sad. :nogood: I have had my jumbo classic flap in GHW since 2004 or so and the hardware is still impeccable. I love the black on gold combo and have been meaning to get the WOC in that combo too but if the GHW tarnishes, I don't know if I want it anymore... I know a lot of people have said this before but it's so crazy how Chanel's prices keep going up but the quality is going down. Boo

I have noticed that my GST with GHW has some tarnishing on the zipper pull inside the bag, which is disappointing for a bag which is less than two years old. The hardware is still perfect on my classic flap though... but then that is vintage, so perhaps the quality really just has gone downhill in the last few years? Still, I wouldn't let this out me off buying Chanel bags with GHW as I love the colour and warmth of gold and wear yellow gold jewellery almost exclusively as I feel it suits me much better than white gold/silver.

That happened to mine and chanel replaced all the rings with new ones. But then it happened again after just a few uses! Chanel offered a full exchange. For that amount of money it just isn't good enough in my opinion.