Gold flats - go with everything or nothing?

BagaholicAnon

Hopelessly Addicted!
O.G.
Jul 17, 2007
I have acquired 2 pairs of gold flats due to amazing sales, one Lanvin and one Tory Burch. The Lanvin are a lighter shade of gold, but still very shiny and metallic. The TB are more yellow and not as shiny. My question is, how do I wear these?! SO thinks they match nothing and hates them. My mom insists that they go with everything, like gold jewelry. I just don't know. I don't wear gold clothing, mostly just khakis, jeans, or black pants, and blue/black/white tops (I know, pretty boring). Do you think I could just wear these gold shoes with anything since my clothing is neutral? Maybe it's because I tend to dress in more conservative colors, so I can't seem to bust out the gold shoes!

I think they go with just about EVERYTHING! :tup: I especially love the gold with khaki and w/jeans. They add a little kick to your wardrobe. Try them w/ what you usually wear instead of your usual shoes. If you are conservative, it might take a bit to get used to them, but once you do, you will LOVE the way it looks. Just try not to think about it.
You could also post pics here and we can help you thru it. :party:

I agree with everyone else. Gold works well as a neutral and would look gorgeous with your khakis, black, denim-basically everything.

OK, today, I wore a navy blue off the shoulder top and khaki capris with my gold TB flats and my LV Eva pouch with the shoulder strap. I figured the gold on the LV would "tie" into the gold shoes. I was feeling pretty empowered thanks to you Ladies until SO and my 5 yr old fashion-diva-in-training both said "Those shoes don't match." sigh. Still, I ignored them and kept the shoes on and actually forgot I had gold shoes on. I think the TB are going to blend a little more since they aren't so shiny. The Lanvins are REALLY shiny, they're a lighter gold, but still REALLY bright.

Metallic gold and silver flats are staples in my wardrobe. I always notice other women when they wear metallic flats - they just pop with a neutral outfit. I think they look great with jeans or black pants.