Gold Epsom birkin - wavy leather?

amandatpex

Sep 7, 2019
i recently purchased this 2018 gold Epsom birkin from a reseller and wondering if the “waviness” on the Epsom leather is normal? She mentioned that this is typical during winter and summer months. Appreciate your advice!

Attachments

• 1D1FC5B4-5852-47DB-AE0A-E62077E84F60.jpeg
    1D1FC5B4-5852-47DB-AE0A-E62077E84F60.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 668
  • 4BB3BA58-16D5-467F-AC04-9E37B66CF57F.jpeg
    4BB3BA58-16D5-467F-AC04-9E37B66CF57F.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 663
What is FSH? I am too old to remember all these abbreviations. Thanks
If you like Epsom and you got a reasonable price, I would just use it and not worry.

Can you return it? It is normal for Epsom leather to become wavy like that, especially in larger birkins. If you can return it, I would. I have some “wavy” Epsom b35’s and I feel like they are wavy. I don’t like that one spot on the lower right side though. Looks like a random bubble. If you are not happy and able to return, I would.

Reactions: CMilly and Etriers
Lol on the seller’s statement :giggle:. Oh dear, Definitely have it authenticated by a professional.

If the reseller says it gets wavy "in winter and summer months", what percentage of the year is it NOT wavy?
Assuming you had this bag authenticated :flowers:
i recently purchased this 2018 gold Epsom birkin from a reseller and wondering if the “waviness” on the Epsom leather is normal? She mentioned that this is typical during winter and summer months. Appreciate your advice![/QUOTE]

If the reseller says it gets wavy "in winter and summer months", what percentage of the year is it NOT wavy?
Assuming you had this bag authenticated :flowers:

Lol on the seller’s statement :giggle:. Oh dear, Definitely have it authenticated by a professional.

Yes it has been authenticated by bababebi! I’ve contacted some well known resellers and they said it is normal, some years are worse than others ☹️