Gold bracelet hunt: high-quality, non-luxury options

I also have been branching out of bags and I've been interested in gold jewelry these days. I recently bought some pieces from this brand called Catbird, which is based in NYC. They make their jewelry in NYC and specialize in delicate pieces, and the prices are fairly reasonable. They also work with smaller designers. I recently bought a pair of opal earrings, a 14k gold necklace and charm - the items are great quality and I have not stopped wearing them since I bought them over a month ago. Another option that I also was looking at is Kinn Studio, based in LA. They are women-owned, and specialize in real gold pieces. I haven't bought anything yet, but I am considering a bracelet.
These are such great recommendations & exactly what I was looking for!! Thank you so much!

Reactions: nygrl
If you want a non-luxe brand, have you tried Blue Nile?

I’ve heard other commenters say good things about Messika and Mejuri as well.

I wanted to suggest Tiffany too as another idea (although it’s a luxury brand)—they have beautiful designs.
Agreed! I think I have to get over the idea that the value of the bracelet is only in its materials - the brand and the creativity of the design is also part of its value. Thanks for the recommendation!

Reactions: sparklebunny
Great point. I am totally willing to pay $1-4k but would prefer to get good "value" - but of course a brand also provides really good value. So perhaps I should more seriously consider the Cartier - I do love the look of it, along with the VCA signature perlée, and they do, as posters in this forum regularly point out, retain a lot of their value. I wonder if this value will last for the long term!
For whatever it’s worth, I recently got a small Love from Cartier after never imagining I would get one. I was more interested in the small JUC—but after seeing the small Love, I knew it was the right one for me.

I know the look of the regular YG Love seems ultra “common”—but it’s possible to get different styles, like doing WG, diamond pave, getting the small versions, etc. So there is enough variety with Loves to do something different.

But whatever you choose, I’d love to see your final decision. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: MsKaren and lat34
I have to add to the chorus telling you to design something with a jeweller. I was looking for a particular type of bangle. Couldn’t find what I wanted anywhere. Finally went to a jeweller - not only was it so much cheaper I was actually able to buy two with my budget, I also got exactly what I was looking for and made a friend in the process.

And the quality is outstanding. Those bracelets could go through anything.

Could a Fope design fit the bill? They are Italian designed, stretchy gold mesh bracelets that can fit over your hands (no clasps) and there are dozens of beautiful combinations in different metal colours (all solid 18k gold right down to and including the little springs in the bracelet), some plain and some with diamond rondels of different carat weights. There is a Fope discussion thread on here.

Prices can vary and none are ‘cheap’ but you can get a substantial design from a Fope line like Solo or Eka with diamonds from around £3k, so much cheaper than Cartier.
THANKS for theses suggestions. the FOPE is beautiful! i'm now going down the rabbit hole!

I have to add to the chorus telling you to design something with a jeweller. I was looking for a particular type of bangle. Couldn’t find what I wanted anywhere. Finally went to a jeweller - not only was it so much cheaper I was actually able to buy two with my budget, I also got exactly what I was looking for and made a friend in the process.

And the quality is outstanding. Those bracelets could go through anything.
This is so good to know! Honestly, I'm not sure I ever would have thought to do this - thanks!!

Hi! I feel a milestone purchase should be something very special and unless you always dreamed of having the Love bracelet, I agree that its prevalence might make it a bit less special than something that really speaks to you. I second (or third) the notion of having something made for you. It could be comparable in price or even less expensive than a piece from a well-known brand, since you aren't paying for the name. You are of course, paying for one-of-a-kind design and labor, but that is what will make your piece so special and so worth it.

Best of luck with your decision! :smile:

• Love
Reactions: lat34 and USCGirlie
I don’t know what your budget is, but I did a quick search on TRR. There are lots of nice options. Here’s a Tiffany bracelet that’s lovely for about $6K. I think the timing is such that TRR will run their monthly gift card with purchase this weekend. A purchase like this would earn a $500 gift card.

Note: I am NOT the consignor of the bracelet below.

1343D70D-624C-47E2-8B77-528C9E93C17C.png

• Love
Reactions: lat34 and etudes
I don’t know what your budget is, but I did a quick search on TRR. There are lots of nice options. Here’s a Tiffany bracelet that’s lovely for about $6K. I think the timing is such that TRR will run their monthly gift card with purchase this weekend. A purchase like this would earn a $500 gift card.

Note: I am NOT the consignor of the bracelet below.

View attachment 5655121
This is lovely !! Thanks for sharing. I’ve only bought jewelry from FASHIONPHILE - do you find TRR’s authentification pretty reliable ? Thank you

Have you looked at Temple St. Clair? She makes a number of lovely bracelets. They are found at Bloomies and sometimes they run some very good promotions, like 25 or 30% off.

Or, you can look up gold bracelets on resellers like TRR. Sometimes there’s great values on unbranded jewelry.
I’m not familiar with TSC at all - will take a look now ! Thank you !

Reactions: etoupebirkin
Check out Stephanie Gottlieb's custom slider bangle...unique and fun! I bought a bezel 5tcw TB, on sale, and love it! I got an email for her 25% off sale, a couple weeks ago, but I think it's over. BOO!

• Love
Reactions: lat34