Gold Birkin with GHW or PHW?

jules44

Sep 10, 2008
My lovely SA called today to offer me a 35 Gold Togo Birkin with ghw. I inquired about it less than a month ago, and here it is. Now, this is the question: I mostly wear silver tone accessories, gold only in the summer. Should I get phw instead? I will likely use this bag spring/summer/fall. What do you think? I am blond and wear lots of white/black/grey/camel and jeans but brighter colors in the summer. Going to my H boutique Friday, need to make a descision. Thank you in advance.

I prefer it with PHW. However, if I was wanting a gold one and got "the call" except it was GHW I am not sure what I would do! Gold is one of the FEW colors I actually don't hate with GHW, so I'd probably go for it. I had a gold GHW HAC and I did love it. But I did look at it now and then and wish it had PHW. You just have to decide what you love best. Good luck with your decision!

Thank you, irishlass. I guess I will have to play around with it in the store. Maybe I will be super lucky and they will have a gold with phw too. Yeah, if that happens I am getting lottery tickets...

Thank you, irishlass. I guess I will have to play around with it in the store. Maybe I will be super lucky and they will have a gold with phw too. Yeah, if that happens I am getting lottery tickets...

And I'm rubbing you for good luck and buying a ticket too! LOL! :lolots:

I think you will know when you see it Friday. It will either SING to you or you will wish it had PHW - and that will be your answer.

For what it's worth, I really didn't have a problem with the hardware not matching my normal silver/white gold jewelry and I am slightly retentive. Well, okay, maybe a little more than slightly. Ha!

I'm also partial to PHW since it "goes" with the jewelry I usually wear, but I think gold hardware on gold is GEORGEOUS! (Sorry I'm not much help here!)

I have two gold Kellys (different leathers) both with GH. At first I thought the second one should have PH, but the bags were so different (size, leather, sellier/retourne) that I decided it wouldn't matter. I still don't have any gold with PH, and I have other bags with both GH and PH, and I still think in the long run it doesn't really matter. I am not strict about hardware, though.

I like them both ways and have gold bags with both. I think gold is more classic and palladium a bit cooler and more modern. My choice depends upon the jewelry and clothing worn at the time.