Gold Birkin with GHW or PHW?

jules44

Sep 10, 2008
My lovely SA called today to offer me a 35 Gold Togo Birkin with ghw. I inquired about it less than a month ago, and here it is. Now, this is the question: I mostly wear silver tone accessories, gold only in the summer. Should I get phw instead? I will likely use this bag spring/summer/fall. What do you think? I am blond and wear lots of white/black/grey/camel and jeans but brighter colors in the summer. Going to my H boutique Friday, need to make a descision. Thank you in advance.

irishlass1029

*sigh*
O.G.
Aug 30, 2008
I prefer it with PHW. However, if I was wanting a gold one and got "the call" except it was GHW I am not sure what I would do! Gold is one of the FEW colors I actually don't hate with GHW, so I'd probably go for it. I had a gold GHW HAC and I did love it. But I did look at it now and then and wish it had PHW. You just have to decide what you love best. Good luck with your decision!

jules44

Sep 10, 2008
Thank you, irishlass. I guess I will have to play around with it in the store. Maybe I will be super lucky and they will have a gold with phw too. Yeah, if that happens I am getting lottery tickets...

irishlass1029

*sigh*
O.G.
Aug 30, 2008
Thank you, irishlass. I guess I will have to play around with it in the store. Maybe I will be super lucky and they will have a gold with phw too. Yeah, if that happens I am getting lottery tickets...

And I'm rubbing you for good luck and buying a ticket too! LOL! :lolots:

I think you will know when you see it Friday. It will either SING to you or you will wish it had PHW - and that will be your answer.

For what it's worth, I really didn't have a problem with the hardware not matching my normal silver/white gold jewelry and I am slightly retentive. Well, okay, maybe a little more than slightly. Ha!

Tamarind

Sep 7, 2006
I have two gold Kellys (different leathers) both with GH. At first I thought the second one should have PH, but the bags were so different (size, leather, sellier/retourne) that I decided it wouldn't matter. I still don't have any gold with PH, and I have other bags with both GH and PH, and I still think in the long run it doesn't really matter. I am not strict about hardware, though.

gracekelly

The Red Queen
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I like them both ways and have gold bags with both. I think gold is more classic and palladium a bit cooler and more modern. My choice depends upon the jewelry and clothing worn at the time.