Gold Birkin 30 in PHW or GHW???

Gold Birkin 30 (togo) in PHW or GHW???

• PHW (palladium!)

Votes: 43 33.6%
  • GHW (gold!)

Votes: 85 66.4%

• Total voters
Hardware on a bag is a detail. You can opt for gold or silver, and you will be fine. Personally, I would vote for GHW. It has many advantages in a B30. You can use your B for a restaurant dinner, and GHW will make you look dressier than SHW. SHW would better fit a bigger bag, like a B35, and for an everyday use.
It is also wise to buy what is missing in your collection in terms of HW and leather. E.G.: If you bought a first Chanel in lambskin and GHW, then buy your second Chanel in Caviar and SHW. If you got a first B30 in gold and GHW, then your next bag will have SHW. Just my 2 cents [emoji6] and Good luck!

I find it interesting that no one has mentioned the contrasting white stitching. I have the etoupe in my avatar with GHW. I love it. But because of the white stitching it would have "matched" PHW even better I think. For me I wear mostly gold jewelry so GHW is what I wanted. You cant go wrong either way.

I think GHW works well with everything and PHW works best with black, grey and blue/green colours.
However the introduction of white stitching against warm colour leathers helps make PHW work with those tones too.

Choose whichever you like and think works with the chosen leather.
That is more important than the other metals you might be wearing.
As in picture framing, you should select the framing that is best for the picture not the room in which it is to hang.

Reactions: Grande Latte
I love the way gold looks with ghw. I feel the colors are complementary. I find phw looks better with colors like etain.

Pros for ghw is that if you ever plan on reselling, I think you’d get more for ghw with gold over phw with gold.

Pros for phw is that it sounds like it may fit your style better because you mostly dress casual and you wear mainly silver.

I know many people mix silver and gold (even Chanel does it), but personally I’m not really a fan.

I’m having the same dilemma right now. Starting to think you cannot go wrong with either hardware. I’m typically more of a gold person but the palladium is really striking with the gold leather. Go with your gut!