Gold bag?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Well, I've been eyeing the gold garnets on clearance at my outlet. I want one, but at the same time I keep wondering how much I'll be able to carry it. I'm going back this afternoon and if they still have them I will probably get one.

Does anyone have a gold bag? Is is more for special occasions? Does the color make the bag seem too dressy for everyday wear? What do you wear when you carry it? Should I just wait and see if they get a garnet in a better color?

Thanks for any input.

2. Hi Rachel,

i don't have a Garnet, but i have a Tribeca shoulder bag in patent antique gold, that looks to me the exact same color as the gold Garnet. I love the color of this bag because it is actually very neutral and goes with anything. Sometimes I change my bags every day or two depending on what I am wearing, but when I carry my gold Tribeca, I end up staying in it all week because it looks nice with everything I wear! I have seen the gold Garnet at the outlet and I think it looks lovely. Go for it! HTH.

3. I have the antique gold garnet! Just got it a couple days ago and love it! I think the color is great! I like it because you can wear it more casual as an everyday bag or you can dress the bag up or yourself and wear it more as evening bag. I also think it has the perfect amount of room to store all that i need when I carry the purse around. I feel like gold can go with a lot more than you think when it comes to outfits. It looks TDf with black though...gives it a nice pop. It really depends what you feel comfortable using it for I use it for both day and evening so that is really up to you. But, I love the bag and the gold color and I would definitely go for it the gold is TDF!

4. Thanks for the input. I think I'll go for it today if they still have it. They had several of them the other day so hopefully I haven't waited too long.

5. If they don't have one in clearance asked a SA to check the storeroom because they may have gotten a return that hasn't been restocked yet - be sure to check for a dustbag because sometimes they are missing from returns!

6. Gold is an amazing alternative to brown...go for it!!

7. After convincing myself that gold would be an awesome color, I arrived at the outlet and found they were all gone. So, instead I came home with a berry garnet. I might just have to look for gold in a different bag to satisfy my gold desire.

8. Hi,
    I have seen both the Gold Tribeca and the Gold Garnet!! Both are Beautiful!!! They are Patent so not too bright!!! I think either would be great for every day use!!!

Hope you get the Garnet!!!

Lynne :biggrin: