Going to Vienna on Thursday!! Where to eat? What to see?

I am really sorry, that your mother and you experienced some rude people in Vienna and didn't get the treatment you deserve! :sad:
Not all Austrians are like that...

I hope you'll enjoy your next stay in Austria better! :yes:

Thank you :smile: Genearlly, I did receive pretty good service while I was there...The people in Demel were very nice as were the SAs in LV, Furla and Versace. But to be quite honest, the WORST people were the bus drivers. My mom and I had to use the 40A and 1A lines to get to the Stephansdom and the first time we got on the bus we weren't sure which stops we had to get off at or anything...so we asked and didn't really get an answer since the bus driver couldn't be torn away from his newspaper. Luckily a student (young lady) told us what stop to get off on, etc.

We are looking at maybe going back in September after the baby is born with a bus company. I think that would be a lot less stressful for us since we wouldn't rely on public transportation and the bus would take us everywhere. I have already contacted the company to see how baby-friendly they are and it seems like they are pretty good and are very accomidating for carseats, strollers, etc :smile:

Yeah, Austrians are not all rude, I think you just got a bad batch.

If you like cake or tortes, Hotel Sacher has the Sachertorte.....

We had our tour all planned out for our 2nd day in Austria and that was one of our stops...but we didn't have a chance to get there :sad:

Oh well...I'll just eat it in September :biggrin:

The rudeness thing is something that I've had to get used to since I moved to Germany nearly a year ago...I find that Europeans are much more rude than Americans in some aspects, but I guess that's just their nature :shrugs:

maybe what you perceive as rude is normal behavior to them, it often seems to me that from the language/accent things can sound kinda rude if you didn't know that they don't mean it.

anyway, I' recommend the Imperial Torte instead of the Sacher, simply tastes better ;)

oh gosh, lamiastella!

say, did the SA at the LV store look a little asian to you? because then, that could have been me! i remember having some pregnant lady as a customer in early spring and showing her the just-got-it-in diaper bags in mono mini lin :smile:

and for your info: burberry has recently fired some of their SAs here in vienna! the rest is quite nice!

I don't remember if the SA looked asian or not (I typically don't remember those things), but I do remember that he had dark (brownish/black??) shorter hair. Could have been you! Who knows :smile:

We're more than likely going back in September, I'll be sure to pop in! :biggrin:

Good to hear about the Burberry staff...That one woman was just rude!

Wow you're travelling quick! it feels just like 2 weeks ago that you had your baby!!

haven't been there but just wanted to say have a great trip!! i'm glad you are getting some outside/travel time!

Is the baby staying at home? that'll give u more time to relax and enjoy stuff.

HAVE FUN , ENJOY!!!

well, it would be my pleasure to welcome a fellow tPF at the viennese lv store.

hmmh, in march, we were still two guys with dark hair, on tall one (that wouldn`t be me) and one not so tall guy (well, that be me ;o)

now, i`m the only one, if i`m there, you can`t miss me ;o)

hmmh, in march, we were still two guys with dark hair, on tall one (that wouldn`t be me) and one not so tall guy (well, that be me ;o)

Hi from a fellow Vienna resident (I'm also Asian and a student :P)! The last time I was in the Kohlmarkt shop was february 2006... need to go again soon :wlae:

Wow you're travelling quick! it feels just like 2 weeks ago that you had your baby!!

haven't been there but just wanted to say have a great trip!! i'm glad you are getting some outside/travel time!

Is the baby staying at home? that'll give u more time to relax and enjoy stuff.

HAVE FUN , ENJOY!!!

lol, we already went!! I went to Vienna while I was still pregnant :smile:

The guy was around my height (I'm 1m70cm), so I guess about average? lol.