Going to Paris, any shopping suggestions?

DH and I will be traveling to London in Septembr and we have decided to take a day trip to Paris. Right now we are only planning one day in Paris, but that could change. Assuming we only have the one day, we would like to see as many sights as possible and of course, do some shopping.

Can someone give me some information on where would be the best area for shopping to "get the most bang for my buck" as far as time goes?

We would at least like to visit Balenciaga, Gucci and Tiffany.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

It's also worth checking out Galleries Lafayette or Printemps - they have heaps of the big designer houses there and it's handbag heaven!!!! They don't have the full ranges but they sometimes have last season's stock out the back so if there is something you really want, definitely ask. I stumbled into the handbag section of GL purely by chance and thought I had died and gone to heaven!! Have a blast!

Ditto Galleries Lafayette, that is where you need to go...You'll probably take the Eurostar from London directly to Gard du Nord station in Paris. I believe the Galleries is only a couple of Metro stops away from that staion. Spend a good amount of time shopping and eating (their food/restuarant floor is TDF!) and then head on over to the Eiffel tower...that is a heavenly day!

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions! DH is already busy studying maps, etc... He is pretty good at memorizong maps, directions, landmarks and planning everything out, so hopefully we will be able to see quite a bit.

Hi everyone!
I'm going to Paris in a few days and am desperate to buy a new handbag - something really special and simple - preferably a pretty colour. I've got a Proenza Schouler satchel in Coral, a Pistachio Twiggy BAL, and a caramel day BAL.

What I'm really looking for is something with a zip that I can wear over my shoulder in the spring/summer -

any ideas? For bags? For shops to try? Any help would be GREAT!!!

TIA

:smile::smile::smile::smile:

You definitely need to go into the Bal store!! I don't have a color suggestion for you, but I'm sure there will be plenty of eye candy and something will catch your eye!

Hi Ladies,

I'm heading to Paris for vacation. What are your favorite stores in Paris? Can anyone fill me in on how strictly US customs enforces their $800 duty free exemption?

I will definitely be hitting up the big ones (Chanel, Louboutin, YSL, Hermes) and just 1 item will push me over the limit! Not to mention gifts and consumables.

Thank you!