Going to Paris and need help on LV purchase!!

MrsKaufman

Nov 29, 2011
Hey everyone

This is my first of many threads and I'm happy my 5 day "new member probation" has been lifted!!

Anywho....I'm going to Paris Dec 28 - Jan 2 and I will be making a few purchases at LV. I know they have bags in Paris that they don't have in the Unites States. So to all the Parisian LV lovers, what bag do you think I should get?

I have:
-Monogram Speedy 40 with hot stamped luggage tag
-Monogram Delightful GM
-Damier Ebene Neverfull GM

And I have three new handbags under the Christmas tree (one which I already know is the Neverfull Rayure GM). Hubby said I can't touch it until Christmas! :sad: :smile:

image-522236721.png

I'm really thinking about getting clutches and wallets only because I don't want big purchases! We are traveling from Paris to Rome to London! :smile:

Any suggestions on clutches?

BAGS
alma in vernis!!!!

CLUTCHES
eva clutch in ebene--i have it and love it! it's so darn versatile since it has the removable long strap.
petillante clutch--this is one i'm debating getting for myself in flamme. even better looking in person than it is online!
pochette accessoires--since your LVs are all larger bags, it's nice to have a smaller clutch with just the basics in it so you don't have to cart your large bag around when you're heading out to lunch or to run a quick errand.
or mini pochette accessoires from the illustre collection--the screen-printed pix are so darn adorable!!!! the LV store near me is always out of stock of the one in mono!

have a great trip! i'm so jealous you'll be going to paris!!! cannot wait to see the reveal from your parisian haul!!!!

elleestbelle said:
BAGS
alma in vernis!!!!

CLUTCHES
eva clutch in ebene--i have it and love it! it's so darn versatile since it has the removable long strap.
petillante clutch--this is one i'm debating getting for myself in flamme. even better looking in person than it is online!
pochette accessoires--since your LVs are all larger bags, it's nice to have a smaller clutch with just the basics in it so you don't have to cart your large bag around when you're heading out to lunch or to run a quick errand.
or mini pochette accessoires from the illustre collection--the screen-printed pix are so darn adorable!!!! the LV store near me is always out of stock of the one in mono!

have a great trip! i'm so jealous you'll be going to paris!!! cannot wait to see the reveal from your parisian haul!!!!

Merci beaucoup cheri!! I can't wait to go!

Those are some of the clutches I was looking at online!

My husband promised me a Vernis Alma MM when we get back to the states! I know they have new colors for 2012! But now I'm torn between the Alma in Vernis or Epi!!

i did not know paris had bags that are not offered in the states. makes sense though, and it would be interesting to hear what they have. i am jealous you are going to be in paris, not to mention rome and london! have fun!

oh, and welcome to tPF! :smile:

i would suggest the damier ebene eva. i have one and it is so versatile. it can be used from day to night and it is so handy for holidays & being handsfree.

i just came back from a holiday overseas and i pretty much used my eva everyday!!!!!!!! so i would defintely suggest her :yes::yes::yes::yes::tup::tup:

It's already been mentioned above but I want to chime in. The Eva in ebene is the perfect clutch. I bought it and returned it twice. I couldn't stop thinking about it so I bought it a 3rd time and have fallen totally in love with it. It has so many uses and fits so much. It is versatile and will look new for a very long time. I can't say enough good things about the Eva.

Congrats on your trip - you are very lucky!!!

misspurse said:
i did not know paris had bags that are not offered in the states. makes sense though, and it would be interesting to hear what they have. i am jealous you are going to be in paris, not to mention rome and london! have fun!

oh, and welcome to tPF! :smile:

Thank you for the welcome!

Welcome to tPF!

It will be nice to pick up something in Paris that will forever remind you of your trip! But don't go crazy just for the sake of it - everything they sell in Europe is also available in the US...

I vote for the Damier Ebene Eva too, since you're interested in a clutch. It's really elegant and classic.

Have a wonderful time in Paris, it's really a beautiful city. You'll love it!

boyoverboard said:
Welcome to tPF!

It will be nice to pick up something in Paris that will forever remind you of your trip! But don't go crazy just for the sake of it - everything they sell in Europe is also available in the US...

I vote for the Damier Ebene Eva too, since you're interested in a clutch. It's really elegant and classic.

Have a wonderful time in Paris, it's really a beautiful city. You'll love it!

Hey honey! Really? A friend of mind told me they have items that we do t have here! Thanks for the heads up! :smile: I guess I was being gullible! This friend travels more than me and I'm just now catching up!

BAGS: Alma in Vernis

Clutch: a vernis sunset boulevard or eva ebene

Wallet: a matching vernis wallet for the alma!!

And buy up in Paris. Much cheaper than the USA or anywhere else... and you get about 10% of your VAT back. So shop away!!!

needlv said:
BAGS: Alma in Vernis

Clutch: a vernis sunset boulevard or eva ebene

Wallet: a matching vernis wallet for the alma!!

And buy up in Paris. Much cheaper than the USA or anywhere else... and you get about 10% of your VAT back. So shop away!!!

Thanks honey!!