Going to my first Professional ball game! what to wear what to do?....

Jahpson

O.G.
Aug 26, 2007
This sunday, my SO and I are going to watch the Chicago Cubs take on the Washington Nationals!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

this is my first time going to a professional ball game, and I'm so excited!! (also because I got really good seats...Infield Box):P

What should I wear, what should I do? How should I act? LOL

Can you tell how excited I am? LMAO:yahoo:

Basefall fans, tell me your experience! I want to act like I go watching baseball all the time!! LMAO

thanks guys! XOXO

I love baseball! You do have great seats!!!

I suggest you wear comfortable clothes and shoes... You're going to be standing a lot, and cocktail dresses and heels are a definate no-no!

Act like you're loving the game (But I know you won't be acting!) and having a good time... I don't think there's really any code of behavior for pro or college sports events... Just have fun and enjoy the game.. just like everyone around you!

layers - i don't know what the weather is like where you are, but i go through the hot/cold stages when sitting at a ballgame. bring sunscreen! definitely a sweatshirt and a maybe a hat.

i don't know the park specs on what you can bring in - but peanuts or sunflower seeds are always a great treat! also, water too! but splurge on a ballpark dog or beer. Mmm!

Don't be afraid to get mad if an umpire calls a bad pitch or something - get into the game and you'll have a great time!

I've been to one game at Wrigley Field when I was in Chicago for my cousin's wedding. It is soo much fun!! I am not the biggest baseball fan but the games is Chicago are a blast! I would wear some of your team's colors and definitely wear something comfortable.

I would definitely wear jeans, a tshirt, a sweatshirt, and sneakers. You want to be comfortable the whole time, and everyone else will be wearing the same thing. Plus your feet might get stepped on a lot by other people.

Sunscreen and a bag that you're not too worried about!

I never bring nice bags, because they usually end up on the ground. In my defense, there isn't really a good place to put them at sports stadiums :shame: I usually wear something super casual like bermuda shorts, tank top and flip flops.

Go Cubs, Go! Go Cubs, Go! Hey, Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today... Sorry - it loses something when typed rather than sung, but you can hear it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dQPiCi38po

Going to Wrigley, right? A Cubs shirt (you can buy one anywhere in Chicago or take a look at Alyssa Milano's MLB line & have it shipped fast - they're really cute!), and a sweatshirt/jacket in case it's cool/windy, a baseball cap and sunglasses if it's a day game, jeans, tennis shoes. Put your ID, cash and lipgloss in your pocket and don't take a purse if you don't have to.

Say hello to the Cubbies and my favorite city! And have a beer and a Chicago hot dog or polish sausage for me!!!

Well the Cubs are at Washington this Sunday so not sure about the weather, but whatever team you're rooting for, buy at least a hat or a t-shirt and have a blast! Eat a hotdog, drink a beer (if you're of age) and enjoy yourself! Pretty much anything goes at the ballpark. Don't use a nice bag, chances are they'll search it before you go in so carry just the bare essentials. Have fun!

PS Go Cubbies!

Go Cubs!!
T-Shirt/Tank. Check the weather before, but you should be able to get away with shorts and flops. Also, you have to wear a Cubbies hat. If for some reason you get a home run ball from the Nationals, you're required to throw it back!

Congrats on going to your first baseball game hun!!! :biggrin: Baseball is my favorite sport - it's how my parents met, I grew up playing, and we went to Giants games at least 4 times a summer when I was little, along with multiple visits to college games and semi pro! Our family LOVES baseball. Baseball is much more than a sport, it's a culture of sorts!
I hope that you have fun! The ladies have already given great advice as to what to wear and carry. Just focus on being comfortable (in terms of temperature and how you feel) and you can't go wrong! I would also look at this as an opportunity to get a new Cubs tshirt or something to wear :biggrin: