Going to London, any tips???

Oh wow thankyou all :smile: This trip came kinda out of the blue and I had NO idea what to see and even eat, but thanks im so glad I have a few choices now!!

I totally forgot Stonehenge!!! I have to see it, damn, and so many other things too :biggrin: I will have to look into these! I'll definitely have to visit both Selfridges and Liberty. Inn the Park sounds lovely too. And thanks for the tube map! I've heard it's really hard to navigate!

I've heard about Rellik, must definitely go there! Portobello road is on my to do list now too :biggrin: I'll be running around London the whole week, but it's nice that I have some idea what to do now!! Thankyooooou :smile: I can't wait to go!!!! :yahoo:

Take a light sweater and do not forget your umbrella! I was in London for five days last week and it was cold and wet nearly every day! Maybe the weather was just an anomaly or my body experiencing culture shock as it is used to the warm south Texas weather...

I did the tourist-y things that many suggested. My favorite activity was walking through Hyde Park. Crown Jewels at the tower -- SWOON!

London is my 2nd home. I LOVE IT THERE.

My favs are:

Window shopping on Bond Street - god that street has too much money on it hahah
TOP SHOP - Heaven on earth
MOMA museum - such an eye opener for me

Nando's - delicious grilled chicken ! wow
compared to the bland traditional english food, this was such a delight!
as far as the clubs go, I was most impressed with
Metalheadz night @ Herbal, great small crowd, must be non pretentious and be open to electronic music. But everyone is dancing and having a good time, none of this, who's wearing what, I'm so important attitude

Take a light sweater and do not forget your umbrella! I was in London for five days last week and it was cold and wet nearly every day! Maybe the weather was just an anomaly or my body experiencing culture shock as it is used to the warm south Texas weather...

Ha ha! no it most definitely was not an anomaly, London is like that. It can literally be blazing hot sunshine in the morning so you slip on your summer dress then it is pouring with rain and freezing by mid afternoon - weather is strange and never the same from one day to the next here-it's part of London's charm! You have to learn the art of layering and always have a small handbag size umbrella.

We brits are obsessed with the weather!! Now you know why!

I went to London last summer and really enjoyed my stay!

I had a chance to visit Stonehenge and also dropped by Bath which was beautiful! My friend also visited Windsor Castle and he said it was really nice.

I also really enjoyed the British Museum ...they had a lot of artifacts they "borrowed" from all over the world. And the entrance is free! You can spend half a day in there!

The tube is the best transportation, we printed a colored map of all the different lines and followed them to our destination. It's best to purchase a DAY PASS for 5 pounds (if I can remember correctly) than a one-way. And don't TAKE the TAXI! Big Oops on my part, it was very expensive and the tube could have brought us to our location!

I wish, I had more time to visit. I got lucky because it was sunny except for the very last day - it was raining, but I was leaving for another country. ;D

Have fun and enjoy! Then keep us updated!

forgot to add- London-ers really dress up compared to Americans, very put togeher and stylish. Even shopping on a Saturday afternoon, women don't wear juicy pantsuits and sneakers.

I highly recommend cooking it at home yourself if you are from there.
korean bbq is very easy to make, I'll give you the receipe (I'm korean) :smile:

Thank I would love one. I make it now, but I can never get it right. Well the kalbee anyway, I made jap chae the other day and that was pretty decent and I can make ok bi bim bap and soon doo boon (excuse my spelling by the way). And it does kill me how much they charge for soju in restaurants!