Going to Korea for PS Now? Covid Quarantine required?

choukette

Jul 29, 2015
dont know about other places but coming from europe yes. wonder when this will be lifted though. anyone knows?

tvxqgirl

May 12, 2013
Unfortunately, yes. As of this date I understand that any foreigner/resident returnee would have to serve the 14 day quarantine in Korea.

In addition, if you are from a country that has barred visitors from Korea, Korea has also barred your country. For example, Singapore has barred all foreign visitors to Singapore from 23 March in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Correspondingly, Korea has disallowed the visa waiver for anyone from Singapore. Any Singaporeans travelling to Korea now need to get an approved visa prior to travelling, and then a 14-day quarantine in Korea. Such visas exclude all forms of leisure tourism. They are generally only visas for medical emergencies, death of a close family relative, urgent business travel, etc.

wxa1

Jun 4, 2020
Unfortunately, yes. As of this date I understand that any foreigner/resident returnee would have to serve the 14 day quarantine in Korea.

In addition, if you are from a country that has barred visitors from Korea, Korea has also barred your country. For example, Singapore has barred all foreign visitors to Singapore from 23 March in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Correspondingly, Korea has disallowed the visa waiver for anyone from Singapore. Any Singaporeans travelling to Korea now need to get an approved visa prior to travelling, and then a 14-day quarantine in Korea. Such visas exclude all forms of leisure tourism. They are generally only visas for medical emergencies, death of a close family relative, urgent business travel, etc.
Can you get a medical tourism visa with a surgery letter from PS clinics?

wxa1

Jun 4, 2020
yea, you can - why do people need these? I never understood
Korea suspended visa waiver to countries that banned Korean tourists due to COVID.
Korea is currently also prohibiting leisure tourism - you can only enter for emergency reasons, so you need a medical tourism visa.

Vanillaluv

Jan 3, 2020
Yes but you also need to check with the immigration in your country about quarantine if you still need to do 14 days quarantine when you go back