Going to get rhinoplasty in 5 days!

itsangie123

Nov 7, 2016
I'll be going to Korea soon this weekend. Any tips or advice for pre-op & post-op rhinoplasty? This is my first surgery and I'm really nervous yet excited at the same time. I have consultations at April 31, MVP, and GNG hospital. Leaning towards April 31 since I've seen the most positive reviews and saw good results from other girls on PF. Any other advice or tips before & after surgery would be nice ^^

Hi Angie,

May I ask where you are from? I'm wanting to rejuvenate the eyes and refine and reduce the nasal flaring in my nose and get some fat injections.

I've heard about faceline and bk hospital. Are there any reasons why you choose MVP and GNG hospital? after you do the consultation, how soon after will you do the surgery.

I am excited but also very nervous. I've never had anything done. I really want to go wear celebrities have gone but I don't know which doctors or clinics known for that.

I really want to go the first week of March this ear since it works with my schedule? Any input?

Hi Angie,

May I ask where you are from? I'm wanting to rejuvenate the eyes and refine and reduce the nasal flaring in my nose and get some fat injections.

I've heard about faceline and bk hospital. Are there any reasons why you choose MVP and GNG hospital? after you do the consultation, how soon after will you do the surgery.

I am excited but also very nervous. I've never had anything done. I really want to go wear celebrities have gone but I don't know which doctors or clinics known for that.

I really want to go the first week of March this ear since it works with my schedule? Any input?

I'm from Seattle (USA). I'm not sure for eyes or for fat injections. I Only research for rhinoplasty. I'll be doing the surgery the next day after the consultations, so I'll have to decide that following day. I'm really leaning towards April 31 due to seeing numerous amounts of peoples work satisfied with their results (through PF and Kakao). I don't care too much for sites Before & after pictures since most are photoshopped and its another marketing strategy. I feel confident in Dr. Kim (April 31) work since most people go to him for secondary rhinoplasty after getting their initial rhino from Dream, JW, etc.. April is known to be the most expensive, but lots of people tell me its crucial to find a good doctor that you can trust because the reality is, there is a lot of people who are not content with their primary rhinoplasty. So they ended up wasting a lot more money and time. Just do a lot of research on this forum and other sites. Be cautious there's a lot of promoters on here for their clinic especially DA, so you have to be able to differentiate who's real & who's a promoter. Some girls got botched jobs from DA & JW recently. If people recently leave negative reviews about a surgeon, I would cross them out and not consider them. Good luck on your research and surgery!

Reactions: MissOrange
Good luck for rhino!! I would say post-op care is really important, especially cleaning inside the nostrils where the stitches are. I made a mistake and stuck the cotton bud way up my nose to clean instead lol. Don't worry about stitch removal at all, it's pretty painless. One thing is that after your nose cast is removed, your nose might look super high and upturned like it did for me. I did freak out a bit but it became a lot more natural and pretty after about 10 days.

I personally didn't have gauze inserted into my nose after surgery because I stayed overnight due to FC, but I heard it's quite difficult to sleep the first night just breathing through your mouth [emoji21] stay strong~

I blogged quite a bit about my rhinoplasty and have pics, so please feel free to PM me if you want to see/have any questions ^^

Reactions: itsangie123
Good luck for rhino!! I would say post-op care is really important, especially cleaning inside the nostrils where the stitches are. I made a mistake and stuck the cotton bud way up my nose to clean instead lol. Don't worry about stitch removal at all, it's pretty painless. One thing is that after your nose cast is removed, your nose might look super high and upturned like it did for me. I did freak out a bit but it became a lot more natural and pretty after about 10 days.

I personally didn't have gauze inserted into my nose after surgery because I stayed overnight due to FC, but I heard it's quite difficult to sleep the first night just breathing through your mouth [emoji21] stay strong~

I blogged quite a bit about my rhinoplasty and have pics, so please feel free to PM me if you want to see/have any questions ^^
Aww thank you so much!! Your results turn out so beautiful!! Im happy for your surgery success and your nose fits your face perfectly! Are you still in Korea?

Thank you!! I'm really happy with how my nose turned out :smile: don't underestimate the difference rhino can make to your face [emoji5] Nope I flew back on Wednesday ^^ I'm going back again end of March! I really hope you have a good surgery :smile: please keep me updated ^^

Reactions: itsangie123
Thank you!! I'm really happy with how my nose turned out :smile: don't underestimate the difference rhino can make to your face [emoji5] Nope I flew back on Wednesday ^^ I'm going back again end of March! I really hope you have a good surgery :smile: please keep me updated ^^

I see! I hope everything turns out well. May I ask if you paid in cash or card? If cash did you withdrawal your money in Korea or in your hometown?

I see! I hope everything turns out well. May I ask if you paid in cash or card? If cash did you withdrawal your money in Korea or in your hometown?

I withdrew money in my country and had it converted to USD. I then went to Korea and converted it to won. USD usually gets higher rates in Korea. There's also a really good money exchange place in Myeong dong with the highest rates ^^

I withdrew money in my country and had it converted to USD. I then went to Korea and converted it to won. USD usually gets higher rates in Korea. There's also a really good money exchange place in Myeong dong with the highest rates ^^
Just curious for rhino, i keep reading about people's silicon protruding after a while/ almost everyone needing a revision eventually, is that true? :O sorry if this is irrelevant

Just curious for rhino, i keep reading about people's silicon protruding after a while/ almost everyone needing a revision eventually, is that true? :O sorry if this is irrelevant

Revision is also something I'm worried about. I read a paper before my surgery about the calcium buildup on silicone implants over the course of 5-30 years. Basically the longer we have the implants in, the more calcium builds up on the silicone which can cause it to lose its shape. So with foreign materials, the implant will eventually have to be replaced ^^; there are also risks associated with using autologous materials (e.g only ear and rib/donor rib) because these materials cannot produce as perfect a shape compared to silicone and only the most skilled doctors can shape it- and it's not easy to tell who is skilled and who isn't. A lot of people experience resorption over time which makes the nose look weird, requiring revision. Don't fall for the promises saying that it will only be a one-time rhinoplasty ><

The risk of extrusion is higher with L-shaped silicone implants which isn't really recommended for Asian noses. When you consult with a surgeon they will advise you better ^^ I think the most recommended method right now is soft silicone implant for bridge augmentation, with septal and ear cartilage for tiplasty. With soft silicone, the risk of extrusion is lower.

Reactions: MissOrange

Im freaking out because I'm leaving tonight so I will most likely have to pay in card.. Do you know how much (on average) the card transaction fee is?

It might be more secure if you pay by card ^^ don't worry, it's probably 3-5% max by the clinic? Also your bank might charge a conversion rate if the clinic doesn't charge in your currency.
Omg thank you. You're helping me tremendously right now. I was so worried it would be 15%... hmmm I'm curious how much my bank would charge for conversion rate. Do you know on average how much banks would charge for conversion rate? Sorry for all the dumb questions :sad: