going to get my hair cut for the first time since....

Good luck Candy! How did you choose the salon you are going to go to now? If the stylist was referred dont worry. And I dont think $65 is TOO much depending on where you live, around here cuts are in the $50 area but in South Florida they can run up to $100

Good luck, Candy. Make sure your stylist is actually listening to what you say before they pick up their shears. Sometimes they don't pay close enough attention to what you're saying, and just do what they think will look good. :nono: I can't tell how many times I've left the salon wanting to cry my eyes out.
My hair is very fine, and slow growing. I finally found a stylist that does a fantastic job, her hair type is very similar to mine. I hope you find a great stylist that will give you the perfect cut.

Last edited:
Price really doesn't mean that you will get an amazing haircut. You just need to find someone who really listens to you and is honest about what your hair can and can't do. I found someone I really like and she only charges $15 for a haircut!!!!

Pics pics!!! $36 is the most I've spent on a haircut. Now my friend does it out of her house so it's quite a bit less...I'm going to look at these butchered bangs now

My hair cuts are cheap! I pay from 20-30 and usually tip $10. Depending on how on my stylist's mood. LOL. I wanna see pics! BTW: I loved your bangs before! I haven't had bangs since freshman year in HS and my SO always hated them. LOL.

I'm glad it worked out - the old bangs looked good on you - I wish she had made them a little longer - but the point is - it wasn't what you wanted!

Post new pics if you get a chance!

I go to Mastercuts - I know people laugh at mall-store salons, I used to, but it's not the salon, it's the hair dresser. My lady listens to me, does what I want, and never beauty-shames me by telling me I have split ends or dead hair or ugly box color. I love her.

Beauticians that beauty-shame their clients are horrible!