Going to buy my first Chanel! I need help!

Susimoo

O.G.
Sep 19, 2009
I live in Scotland and you can't buy Chanel here or online. I want to know how to go about this as I will have to travel to London ( in Jan 2010) to do it so I have to do this correctly. I want the basic black 2.55 but haven't got a clue how much it is (approx starting at £1500 iirc) sizes, finishes etc. How do I go about checking stock. Should I go to a Chanel boutique or Harrods or Selfridges. I haven't been to London in more than 20 years!
I am feeling like poor country cousin. LOL
Please if you live in the Uk/London and know how best to do this I would be really grateful for your help. Thank you.
I have the dosh now I want my BAG!!!!!!:yahoo:

r2d2ob1

O.G.
Sep 12, 2007
Congratulations!!! I don't live in London but I am assuming a basic blac 2.55 should be available at any chanel boutique. I personally like going to the boutique instead of a department store but my friends prefer buying expensive bags at department stores etc. cos they get points etc. on their department store cards. (I live in the US but assuming the dept. stores there do similar stuff) I just feel it is better to just have one card. I am not organized enough to have multiple cards. Sorry I am not much of a help but enjoy your first chanel. I am surprised there is no Chanel in Scotland. I used to live in Glasgow ages ago but I would assume Edinburgh would have some.

Susimoo

O.G.
Sep 19, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately Edinburgh doesn't have Chanel. Louis Vuitton and Harvey Nichols yes, but no Chanel! It is just such an expensive purchase that I now realize is going to be a complicated one! However I love a bag with a challenge. hell, I just love bags!