Travel Going to Berlin tomorrow!

Sternchen

O.G.
May 16, 2006
Hi guys,

I'm heading to Berlin tomorrow with my DH for a convention and while I'm there I may have the chance to go out and see the town, but I'm not 100% sure of that yet.

For those of you who have been, what would be on your must list? KaDeWe is already on there, so no suggesting that ;)

I was totally going to say KaDeWe! Haha, so amazing..
I was only there for a couple of days, so i don't really know what to suggest, but the West Side Gallery is pretty cool. It is a really long stretch of the remaining part of the Berlin Wall. On the west german side it's covered with all these cool murals.
The Checkpoint Charlie museum was pretty cool. They had this tiny suitcase in which a girl was smuggled over the border..
Berlin has really cool clubs too.

I really like Berlin. You can take one of the hop-on/hop-off tourist buses to see the main sites as it's very convenient. If the weather is nice, take a boat ride along the river.

i LOVE berlin i was there for almost a month back in october of 07.
i did every thing mentioned above and it was wonderful & mind opening at the same time. i also went to the jewish museum and that was extremely moving. the architect was daniel libeskind-amazing work. be prepared to get lost in time there.

i also did: pergamon museum, parliament museum, potsdamer platz, stazi prison (grim...i believe it has a different name) etc.

the night life is good, too.

i can't remember the name of the new mall that has a couple of floors. i am sure if you ask the front desk at the hotel they should know since it's not even a year old, i think.

i have tons of pics! :smile:

i LOVE berlin i was there for almost a month back in october of 07.
i did every thing mentioned above and it was wonderful & mind opening at the same time. i also went to the jewish museum and that was extremely moving. the architect was daniel libeskind-amazing work. be prepared to get lost in time there.

i also did: pergamon museum, parliament museum, potsdamer platz, stazi prison (grim...i believe it has a different name) etc.

the night life is good, too.

i can't remember the name of the new mall that has a couple of floors. i am sure if you ask the front desk at the hotel they should know since it's not even a year old, i think.

i have tons of pics! :smile:
I forgot about the Bundestag and the stasi museum!
I went to both, and they were really cool (the latter being somewhat terrifying, but still). The architecture of the Bundestag (parliament) building was amazing. You can get the greatest view of the city from the top.