Travel Going to Berlin & Amsterdam

kadelle

Feb 16, 2013
My boyfriend and I are going to Amsterdam for 3 days followed by Berlin for another 4 days in February. We're planning on going to many museums in Amsterdam and watching a soccer match in Berlin.

Can anyone recommend nice insider-tip cafés or restaurants in both cities? Nothing too fancy, as we want the trip to be a more laid back type of adventure :smile:

We'll be staying near Tempelhof Schöneberg in Berlin and near Zeeburg in Amsterdam if that info is any help xx

Go to The Pantry for delicious local Dutch food. It's a cute family own restaurant.

Winkel 43 has the best apple pie I've ever had! It's a cute cafe. One slice is big enough to share on a full stomach!

If you like Indonesian food, go to Aneka Rasa.

Oh and course you have to go to Vleminckx Fries for their fries!!!

Reactions: ms23789
Go to The Pantry for delicious local Dutch food. It's a cute family own restaurant.

Winkel 43 has the best apple pie I've ever had! It's a cute cafe. One slice is big enough to share on a full stomach!

If you like Indonesian food, go to Aneka Rasa.

Oh and course you have to go to Vleminckx Fries for their fries!!!

thank you so much for the amazing tips :biggrin:

We went to Amsterdam for the first time this year. We ate at Loetje and an Thai's Bird Cafe - both great. There were also a number of cafes with outdoor seating around Dam Square that may not be the "best" food but that had great views and people watching.

We went to Amsterdam for the first time this year. We ate at Loetje and an Thai's Bird Cafe - both great. There were also a number of cafes with outdoor seating around Dam Square that may not be the "best" food but that had great views and people watching.

Putting them on my list, thank you! :smile:

My boyfriend and I are going to Amsterdam for 3 days followed by Berlin for another 4 days in February. We're planning on going to many museums in Amsterdam and watching a soccer match in Berlin.

Can anyone recommend nice insider-tip cafés or restaurants in both cities? Nothing too fancy, as we want the trip to be a more laid back type of adventure :smile:

We'll be staying near Tempelhof Schöneberg in Berlin and near Zeeburg in Amsterdam if that info is any help xx

DH and i were just in amsterdam over new years! It was our 2nd time there. There are tons of good restaurants everywhere...can't really go wrong. One fun thing we did on this trip was visit the Museum of Bags & Purses on Herengracht. If you can talk your boyfriend into going, I highly recommend it! My DH even kind of enjoyed it, it had a lot of historical bags there!

DH and i were just in amsterdam over new years! It was our 2nd time there. There are tons of good restaurants everywhere...can't really go wrong. One fun thing we did on this trip was visit the Museum of Bags & Purses on Herengracht. If you can talk your boyfriend into going, I highly recommend it! My DH even kind of enjoyed it, it had a lot of historical bags there!

Ahh I'm so glad you mentioned it! That museum was one of the main reasons why I picked Amsterdam as our city of choice :biggrin: I'm so excited to see it :heart:

Ahh I'm so glad you mentioned it! That museum was one of the main reasons why I picked Amsterdam as our city of choice :biggrin: I'm so excited to see it :heart:
You will love it! We had a great time there. It was my favorite part of the trip.

Also, I definitely recommend visiting the Anne Frank House. Get your tickets online in advance, like today! We went the first time we went and I purchased 2.5 months in advance and they only had a 6pm time slot left because the others were sold out. We met a couple in a restaurant this trip from Oregon (at a restaurant called Spanjer Van Twist, right next to anne frank house...very yummy!), who didn't purchase in advance. They had to miss it because it was completely booked and they were only accepting online bookings that day.

You will love it! We had a great time there. It was my favorite part of the trip.

Also, I definitely recommend visiting the Anne Frank House. Get your tickets online in advance, like today! We went the first time we went and I purchased 2.5 months in advance and they only had a 6pm time slot left because the others were sold out. We met a couple in a restaurant this trip from Oregon (at a restaurant called Spanjer Van Twist, right next to anne frank house...very yummy!), who didn't purchase in advance. They had to miss it because it was completely booked and they were only accepting online bookings that day.

Or you can stand in line for 3 hours in the cold like my mom and I did... yeah no, book online NOW!!

Reactions: kadelle
Here is my favorite Lebanese place in the City West: it is in Rankestraße, right off Kurfürstendamm at Gedächtniskirche, on the right hand side next to the side entrance of Karstadt. It is called Falafel Salaam, and I love their food as well as the cinnamon tea.

Here is my favorite Lebanese place in the City West: it is in Rankestraße, right off Kurfürstendamm at Gedächtniskirche, on the right hand side next to the side entrance of Karstadt. It is called Falafel Salaam, and I love their food as well as the cinnamon tea.

THANK YOU! I love Lebanese food. Gotta visit that restaurant!! Ahhh I'm excited xx

Rather than start a new thread, I'd like some advice. Taking my teenage son who loves culture, travel, art/design and is a foodie to Amsterdam for first time.

Am debating between 5 or 6 nights. Was thinking 3 days touring Amsterdam which might include half day or few hours up to Zaans schan. Keep in mind first day we arrive early and likely be exhausted. Then I thought one day trip to Rotterdam and 1 to Hague. That's 5 days. Is 6 better? If I did 6 I thought a day trip to Antwerp, Belgium or tour Amsterdam 4 days including zaans and 2 days of day trips to Hague/delft and Rotterdam

Ps, my son said he would go with me to see museum of bags and purses! Lol.

Any advice appreciated.

Last edited: