Travel going to Aruba in 3 weeks..shopping/dining tips?

xichic

addicted to vacation
O.G.
Mar 24, 2007
hi all!

i am hitting up Aruba in 3 weeks and have not even started researching of where to go, shop, eat, etc...I was just planning on winging it with my SO and the couple we are going with.

Shopping question: is it more expensive to buy LV/Chanel in Aruba (any sort of tax rebate?) than in the U.S?

Also, any restaurants, sightseeing tips, shopping tips are well appreciated. Thanks!!! :biggrin:

Aruba is a great island and the people are lovely. I've been there a couple of times, but spent all of it on the beach, so I'm not up on what there is to see.

Shopping is great there. I'm not sure about LV or Chanel but I priced a few things at the Gucci store in Oranjestad and the prices were indeed less than in the US and it's duty free. The french brands should be duty free as well.

Have a wonderful time!

all the good shopping is in the RENAISSANCE MARINA HOTEL in the main town,NOT PALM Beach...They have Gucci and LV but prices arent so good anymore.USED to b 30% off Gucci.now its only 10%.Lv is not cheaper either but they get hard to find bags there