Going on a Trip and I am going to just bring it!

Could someone enlighten me on which Longchamp bag you gals are referring to? I travel alot and haven't taken my Birkin yet so I want to hear all you have to say on how to protect her!

Hope you have fun on your trip!
I agree .... raisin 35, dust bag, in Longchamp between your feet or under the seat in front of you.
I am travelling this week too for a long weekend getaway, and I will be doing the exact same thing.That tote may come in handy too, just in case you do a little shopping ...:graucho:

Bijouxlady, it's the Pliage tote in Large, and you can get one made to order on the Longchamp website. A large fits the 35 perfectly. But you have to be sure it's the one from the website, the specs are different from the "larges" that I have seen offered on other sites like Magnums...if you do a search you'll find threads w/ pics that talk about it... HTH :smile:

GG - I have traveled with my Birkin and it is fine through the machine if you put it in it's own bin (on the dustcover/or in the pliage). Regarding rain, well, I am in Seattle and it just can't be avoided. My birkin does just fine with a quick wipe of a soft cloth (even a tissue in a pinch) - I can't bring myself to bring out the rain gear....

Have taken H bags to SF many times...

Typically place under my legs on the plane...no issues...

I don't really care for my Longchamp, but do use it for "transport" on occasion...

28 cm Kellys in textured leather are great in the rain...

I carry my Birkin shopping near Union Square, but generally prefer a Kelly for dinner, theatre, etc.

i lay my birkin on my sweater in the bin to get through the security machine (now i'm scared of the munching machines). also since it's a 30cm, i just place on my lap the entire ride. no dustbag, no longchamp. i think i'll bring the dustbag in the future though for longer flights.

If you are in the bulkhead seat, there is no place except overhead bin, plus if your Birkin is not floppy you may need to bend the handles to get it under the seat in front of you.
Birkins are just not too flight friendly IMO.
Have a great trip.

I actually brought my rose dragee 34 swift lindy to china. Just packed her in our carry-on luggage in her dustbag and put the luggage in the overhead bin so I didn't have to worry about her getting smooshed.

The only issue I did have was a random security check when we were about to board the plane in Japan. The agent/s went through everything......make-up, lotions, etc. THEN they carelessly riffled through my H scarves I had nicely tucked away in their boxes and my Lindy in her sleeper. The agent was fiddling with the turn lock and zipper----I almost had a heart attack. My DH could see me trying to reach over the agent and help her---more like open it so she didn't manhandle my bag and scarves like a damn dime store purse...but he gave me the "DON'T touch it---we don't want you in security lock up in Tokyo over a bag" look.

I am horrible when it comes to travelling with my Birkin. I have a black clemence 35 and have taken her with me on my last few business trips. She travels in the overhead locker or on the floor if I manage to get my favourite seat, which is first row aisle, or on the seat next to me if it's not occupied. Heathrow has the one bag per passenger thru security control rule, so I had to put her in my LV keepall for a few minutes to go thru the security control two days ago. Also, stuffed the poor thing with 6 or 7 thick folders today. Can't think of a more stylish bag to travel with.