Going NY in December monogram or DE???

Jordyaddict

Feb 3, 2014
Ok I'm making my self go crazy not being able to decide.

I'm buying a speedy b 25 for a trip in December to NY and I live in London.i want it as a winter bag.

I'm going crazy trying to decide which print to buy.... I think my boyfriend has stopped listening.

I currently own a neverfall mm and Eva both in DE.

Reason for monogram speedy b 25
1. I don't own a bag in monogram yet
2.i like having different bags, I keep being told that I wouldnt only buy all bags in one colour so I guess it's the same for prints.
Cons
The untreated leather worries me for winter use.

Reason for DE speedy B 25
1. It's worry free come rain or shine
2. I know I like the print as I already have it.
Cons
I already own 2 bags in this print.

:smash::panic::shrugs::confused1:

well, i have both and definitely use my de one more in the winter. that being said, it sounds like you need a monogram in your collection. if you do go with the mono, i would try to get it earlier so it can patina and then it will be more protected from winter weather. i do carry my speedy b 30 in mono in the winter but it already has a solid patina going. i have never applied protection to my bags, but many on this forum have had great results from lovin my bags and other treatments, (altho lv advises against it) you could think about that option as well. one other thing to consider is that the de is more discreet, so depending upon where in ny you are traveling, you might want a pattern that draws less attention? just something to think about. when i go to nyc i tend to carry my bloomsbury, but that is just me. either way, the speedy b is a great bag. good luck with your decision, you really can't go wrong either way. and have a great trip!

I actually think you should just both try them in store and get the one you like the best.

For my first LV bag I thought I would get the monogram, when I tried it in the store and also the DE I noticed that I acutally liked the DE better. I ended up getting that one and six years later I still don't regret it. Most of my bags are DE except for the Artsy, that one I like better in monogram.

So just try them both and get the one that you like best.

I think the speedy b actually looks better in monogram. Idk if I would use monogram as a winter bag in a place where it snows/rains, you have you DE NF & Eva for that. The speedy would probably be more for spring/summer weather unless you lived in Cali like me. :P

I say diversify and get the monogram speedy b! :speedy:I think you'll be happier with a different print in your collection.

I just rang customer service and had an interesting conversation and was told that monogram is the print of the year for the 160th celebrations and was told this will be the key print for a few years and was recommended the monogram over the DE!!

Ok I'm making my self go crazy not being able to decide.

I'm buying a speedy b 25 for a trip in December to NY and I live in London.i want it as a winter bag.

I'm going crazy trying to decide which print to buy.... I think my boyfriend has stopped listening.

I currently own a neverfall mm and Eva both in DE.

Reason for monogram speedy b 25
1. I don't own a bag in monogram yet
2.i like having different bags, I keep being told that I wouldnt only buy all bags in one colour so I guess it's the same for prints.
Cons
The untreated leather worries me for winter use.

Reason for DE speedy B 25
1. It's worry free come rain or shine
2. I know I like the print as I already have it.
Cons
I already own 2 bags in this print.

:smash::panic::shrugs::confused1:

DE. Vachetta is stressful lol. Esp in dirty NYC. And on dirty airplanes. I live here:smile:) right near Times Square. it's a filthy but amazing place

Have you tried the Speedy B 25 in Monogram yet? It's my understanding that the opening is a bit small and inconvenient.

This is why I got the Speedy B in Empreinte - the opening is much larger and easier to get in and out of. Just thought I would mention that. :smile: Good luck deciding!

If you want it as a winter bag then buy it in DE, that said, I use my monograms during the winter and never have any issues about watermarks and I live in Scotland. :biggrin: Obviously, I wouldn't take out a brand new monogram in the rain or snow right away. If you are brave enough, you can always treat the vachetta before taking it out during the winter. Good luck deciding! x

Yes monogram is a big theme for the next time, but the bag you buy should be best choice for your purpurse. I would tend to DE as it is easier to use in winter weather and the red interior makes it a little bit easier to find your items ... But if you love to have a classic mongram bag in your collection, go for it and dont get freaked out if bad winter weather will happen. Dab your bag dry softly, no rubbing and see it as the bag is kind of remembering all your adventures. Some people carry even Damier azur in winter and go through storms, but the bags look nice as they only dab it dry and leave the bag to itself.

I would love to be that brave myself but maybe you are ... Congrats on your trip to NY and the upcoming purchase!

Have you tried the Speedy B 25 in Monogram yet? It's my understanding that the opening is a bit small and inconvenient.

This is why I got the Speedy B in Empreinte - the opening is much larger and easier to get in and out of. Just thought I would mention that. :smile: Good luck deciding!

What's the care like for the Speedy B in empreinte ? I do like the infini and aube . Could this be a good winter bag?