going nuts about waiting. need a fix of Hermes

DeCrillon

The machan
Feb 12, 2010
This is a post from somebody who needs to cool down… I am totally obsessed with getting a Birkin, and I am the kind who is not patient. I will most certainly get a brand new one (thanks to some TPF members which have provided me with the best info), in one of my trip to Paris this year or next year– this one will be the dream bag, but meanwhile I need a fix ! Any remedies for somebody like me? nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:
Any suggestions? Should I get a pre-owned in a different color that the new one I am planning to get, should I get myself a pre-owned Kelly which tend to be a little cheaper to expend the collection (I like them too but I want more a B than a K because I like the 2 handles), should I just get myself a Fendi PeekaBoo meanwhile (which is probably the only bag I am excited about after a B)? Has anybody experienced these symptoms before owning a Hermes?:yahoo::yahoo:
Please tell me it gets "cooler" after the first one :lol::lol:

I know the feeling. *sigh*

Actually I, who used to have wide and varied tastes, am pretty limited now, thanks to years of finding out what works for me and what's important to me. Makes it a little easier, since I've narrowed my "field of vision" so to speak.

But that peek-a-boo actually got my attention after a few years of Fendi-hate due to shoddy workmanship on a few bags I'd had in the past. I even stopped by the boutique and took a look at it a few weeks ago and I am seriously considering giving them another chance.

But that said, I do NOT think that will be your "quick-fix." If you're jonesing for H, only H will quench, IMO. What I did was get a pre-loved picotin in a fun color (MM chartreuse) and guess what???? I think I love and carry my picotins (have several more since that first one) more than any of my other bags, including my HAC. Surprise surprise, it's my favorite H bag!

Good luck. It's not easy being good and staying the course when you're slowly heading down the birkin path.

Also, keep an eye on the eBay/reseller Finds thread - those should be authentic or they shouldn't be posted there. And there are some good deals. It's MUCH easier than trying to find an authentic needle in a haystack of fakes and then being disappointed when the authenticators tell you :nono:

Last edited:
thanks, I have looked at some EBAY recommended sellers. The pblm is that now that I know that I can get a Birkin "brand new" for 5900 Euros and get about 8 or 10 pct VAT back .. I obviously don't want to buy a pre-owned that cost the same amount on EBAY since I will be traveling to Europe this summer.
Basically, I am in the path to wait or get a "fix" with something else ..

thanks, I have looked at some EBAY recommended sellers. The pblm is that now that I know that I can get a Birkin "brand new" for 5900 Euros and get about 8 or 10 pct VAT back .. I obviously don't want to buy a pre-owned that cost the same amount on EBAY since I will be traveling to Europe this summer.
Basically, I am in the path to wait or get a "fix" with something else ..

No - I am not saying buy the birkin pre-owned - I am saying whatever you get for a "quick-fix" can be pre-owned.

Well, from what I have seen this past week on EBAY. The cool and "bargain" pre-owned are usually snatched pretty quickly .. and I am not fast enough. The other ones are just too expensive for pre-owned, they often cost more than news ones. I like the picotin BTW, I am a 2 handles lover and my bags are always wide opened !!!!

Well, from what I have seen this past week on EBAY. The cool and "bargain" pre-owned are usually snatched pretty quickly .. and I am not fast enough. The other ones are just too expensive for pre-owned, they often cost more than news ones. I like the picotin BTW, I am a 2 handles lover and my bags are always wide opened !!!!
I feel your pain! Unless you get onto the Finds thread at just the right time, good deals go fast. Would your quick fix have to be a bag? Maybe a Kelly wallet that doubles as a clutch? Or a few SLGs from the boutique that aren't on the pricey end (Tarmac, Ulysses, Calvi, etc) but still give you that colorful H leather fix every time you open your bag. If you know you'll eventually get a Kelly, a vintage or preowned one shouldn't be too hard to find at a reasonable price.

Being good while waiting is hard...I'm waiting for my special order going on 2 years, and have bought, er, well lets just say I've had more than a few quick fixes! :sweatdrop::shame: But I think I love my quuick fix bags more than my order itself!

For a quick fix - I'd vote either Picotin or a SLG - something you know you will eventually want without the birkin price tag.

Don't buy H (or anything else) unless you Love it AND will use it.

If you aren't a scarf person - going to the silky side will just be expensive and disappointing. If you wear the same jewelry every day, it has to be special jewelry for you to buy it. Don't buy it if you won't wear it.

there is always bag charms and "recieving Twillies" if you love the current patterns

Last edited:
What about save your money and wait until you go to Europe to get 2 new H. bags instead of one :nuts:?
I know it's hard to wait without buying anything but don't you think it will be worth the wait ;)?

unfortunately when the addiction starts it doesn't stop! The good news is you have a lot of support in this forum (and enablers, :graucho:). Be it brand new, or pre-loved, we don't just stop with one. So start with whichever strikes your fancy...be it new, or previously owned, but it's bag one that takes your breath away and punches you in the gut. :biggrin:

For a quick fix, visit your local Hermes store everyday and surround yourself with all the items there and enjoy the aroma. You don't have to buy anything. Get yourself known to the SAs there. It's better than just getting 1 item for the sake of fixing the quick fix.

Or,

I'd get the farandole necklace. Versatile for anything. Another option is to get a shawl and the new bolduc:heart: ring.

Now about that state of mind.. I found a refreshing store yesterday, a boutique from Carolina Herrera.
I have been a tiny bit bad :greengrin::greengrin::greengrin::greengrin::greengrin: !!!