Going color cross-eyed! HELP!!!

irainei

<3 B
O.G.
Aug 5, 2008
Hi Ladies!

First post in here, so I'm sorry if there's an appropriate place to post this...I'm thinking about getting an RM, but am getting SO confused on color, so hopefully some of y'alls can help.

I've narrowed it down to either a Salmon or Dusty Rose colored one...but what the heck's the difference? I've scoured all the photos and can't tell...I want one that's more pink, but I can only see that the Salmon is more orange and the Dusty Rose is more reddish? Am I just staring too hard? I'd have thought maybe Passionfruit should be thrown in here too, but I really like the gunmetal hardware.

Anyone have a color of both together? LOL
TIA! ^_^

I think you're right on when it comes to those 2 colors. I have a rose nikki that is made of the softest, most beautiful lambskin. It has light gold signature hardware and it's the loveliest shade of berry pink. It's a medium pink. I love this shade. It's absolutely heavenly.

i had the salmon color -- it's pink with orange-y undertones. it was too pink for my taste personally, but i was hoping for a more muted orange / coral color.

i think the dusty rose is a darker pink with reddish undertones.

dusty rose is more like what a real rose color is IMO. The salmon is a difficult color to describe, or even photograph. It's an orange-deep pink shade mixed together. It's kind of a nice color...I got it in the mini matinee.
So you either want red or orange-pink....

welcome to the RM forum irainei!! :hugs:

yea theres not many pics for reference and i know this isn't much help, but regardless which color u choose--salmon or dusty rose, i believe they're both gorgeous colors! :yes:

i think salmon is a light pink hue whereas, like TXGirlie stated, is more of a deep rose color (kinda a mix of rose and brick color imo)

Thanks ladies for the input! I'm not looking for a true pink, but rather a coral/peachy pink that was on the darker side. It's just so hard because the salmon photographs so orange...Are there any others I should consider?

irainei,

this is totally off-topic but your avatar is so cute! that is the most adorable baby!!!

also, i prefer dusty rose to salmon. dusty has more red in it but definitely not "coral"...

hmmm... they did release a peach this spring but it's a very pale peach (it's beautiful though)

^^ Thanks for the compliment on my son :biggrin: I'm one proud mom

Hmm, I'm not sure I want the more reddish undertones then...I'm looking more for a dark pinky peachy... I did see the peach, but that's just way too light (although yes, quite pretty)

Rose might be what you're looking for, but it's an old color so tough to find.

Dusty Rose is really pretty. It's also the last color RM made which had the hardware from last generation and floral lining.