Going backwards and what to do ?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Most people start with LV by getting a mono speedy. I on the other hand have a few LVs and am now thinking I still would really like the classic mono speedy. I didn't buy it in the begining because you see it everywhere,but I still can't get it out of my head. Should I save for this or wait till something else grabs me? :confused1:

2. Mono speedy will always be available so if it´s not must-have for you then maybe you should buy something else :smile: but if you really want it then go for it!

3. I love the speedys . I have an azur 25 and a red epi 25. I love these bags and wear them all summer long, but I tend to wear my mono Bh and mono petit bucket the most because they match my clothing better.

4. Oh get the speedy!!!! I have had a mono 35 and 40 and I have LOVED both!!!!!

You won't be disappointed!

5. I also did the same thing like you. I purchased a couple of bags before I got my first speedy in 2006. IMO, I would get the speedy because you're probably always going to think about getting it in the back of your mind.

6. speedy is better.

7. thats what i did, i bought a wholeee bunch of other bags and i juts got my mono speedy =)

8. None of my bags have very much patina because I rotate my bags so much. Can the mono speedy get caught in the rain once it has a good patina?

9. It seems I'm not the only one who is thinking about this.

10. Going backwards? Just don't assume there's a right & a wrong way. I wouldn't call it "going backwards" ~ but I don't blame you for not wanting a Speedy to begin with. It is the perfect bag in so many ways ~ I guess that's why there's so many fakes. But you do have to reach the point where it's a "I know mine's real, and that's all that matters" kind of a mindset.

11. I have 7 LV bags and I just bought my first speedy (monogram 30) about a month ago, and i LOVE it. So classic and handy, it holds A LOT. I say get it.

12. I would recommend that you get it only if you truly love it. It's a classic, sure, but if you only get it for that reason, you may not use it. :flowers:

13. unless you are lusting after a seasonal or LE piece that's about to be sold out, there's nothing wrong in getting a speedy now. if you definitely love it, then go and get it!

there isn't a right or wrong way to collect LVs. just go with what your heart says! :smile:

14. I have a handfull of LV's too and did not start with a Mono Speedy because it's so common where I live. I tried the 35 then found out that the Aquarelle (that I've WL for) is a 35 so I returned the Mono.

I'll still eventually get a Mono Speedy later since I love the style!

15. The last time I was at Lv the Sa talked me out of the speedy. She kept saying how it is an entry level bag and wouldn't I prefer the new Galleria or the Monty. They are both beautiful bags but the galleria is to big for me. I like medium sized bags. The Monty seems very similar in size to my damier pap 30,but it is the size I like. The shape of the speedy is what does it for me. I need a new bag like I need a hole in the head though.