God I feel like such a loser...

hey dont feel bad im a straight A student in school but i FLUNKED my driving test sooooooooo bad that I had to retake the ENTIRE drivers ed that my driving was so bad. I was so horrible at driving that my instructor would get out of the car and look white as a sheet, he even told my parents they better take me out and practice!!! I think he only passed me so I would not have to drive with him anymore. Then the week after I got my license I hit a bunch of poles mailboxes and parked cars. My father had to have my car repainted 3 TIMES. Its like the biggest joke of the family how bad I sucked at driving, but i am doing just fine now. its been 10 years and i still get made fun of all the time by my family. it was horrible at the time i remember. i was a disaster, but dont worry you will get it!!!! If i can drive, anyone can!!

When you mentioned the examiner was weird, it made me think he was unfair. Some of them have it that they'll fail you from the moment they lay eyes on you. I dunno what it is, but I heard that happens alot with first road tests. It's not fair, believe me. I finally passed on the 3rd try.

My first examiner was an odd one, barely spoke above a mumble and at that time, admittedly I really was a horrid teen driver. The second time, I scored a 85 on my mock exam, but the examiner flew into a tirade as soon as we started the exam. I wish I had reported him. I was so traumatized I couldn't get behind the wheel for over 8 months after that! I finally got a fair and civilized examiner and he gave me constructive criticism at the end after I passed. I almost hugged him!

So no worries... you're probably a very conscientious driver but had an examiner with a weird attitude. Just take it again elsewhere, or ask for a different examiner. Good luck.

Awww I feel you! I've totally been there. I wasn't as bummed out when I failed but only because it was so laughable. I failed in 1 minute because I didn't look when I turned out of the parking lot! My friends still give me crap about that but you'll laugh in the future. Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. Hugs for you, though, because I know it sucks.

Aww I feel ya on that one. I also failed my first road test last year. It happens and its understandable. Like you, I also thought I was doing good based on the lessons I took but the nerves kicked in during my test and I made a mistake. Don't sweat it. You can schedule a road test again and the most you have to wait is 2 months or so right?

For my second test I ended up driving my own car and not the little corolla's people usually use for driving school.People thought it was odd that I was using a huge SUV to take the test but in the end, I feel that you should be comfortable with the car you're driving. I practiced on the car I would really use in real life and I became comfortable and it came through on the road test. Good luck on the
second time around.

I'm another one who failed the first time...felt like a dumbass afterwards and cried the whole rest of the day. But I was much less nervous my second time and nailed it.

You'll pass, don't worry! The jitters will be gone and you'll do great!

Awwww I'm sorry that you feel bad about this, but it's nothing to be embarrassed about!! Just practice more and you'll be fine the next time around!! Cheer up!!! :woohoo:

Don't be harsh on yourself, you can take it again (and if necessary again) and you WILL pass. It's not like failing school exams or something on those lines. Not passing first time round will not affect your future career! Cheer up and good luck for next time!

don't be so hard on yourself *hugs*...a lot of people didn't pass their driving exam first time, including myself. don't worry about it and just re-take the exam. all the best!