Goatskin-Mysore or Coromandel?

Koga

O.G.
Nov 28, 2005
If you coud choose Chevre Mysore or Coromandel for a souple Kelly which would you go for? I'm in this position right now and can't make up my mind...What is your favourite and why. I hear you rave about this specific leather all the time on this board. Please give me some advice asap :flowers:

Either is fine with me! Love all Chevre...
The major difference between the 2 is the spine...So it depends on whether on not you prefer it with or without the visible spine.
I would pick the CDC.. because I love the spine, gives it a very exotic look IMHO.
But some people really dislike it.
Too bad the search is down.. there are many great discussions on this topic to refer to...

I thought I heard that Mysore may be the softer of the two.. but don't quote me.

I have a 32 Sellier in Coromandel and it's got quite a bit of body to it. Holds it shape very well. Could be the fact that it's sellier, not sure, but I think it may be a little 'stiffer" than some of the other bags I have seen in Mysore.
I have only seen swatches of the new chevre... but others have said they thought it was softer than Mysore & Coromandel...

I adore my CDC sellier 32 Kelly. The leather is not stiff but does have some body to it and that "glow" is just gorgeous. I think how pronounced the spine is varies from bag to bag - mine is very subtle.

i only own chevre mysore in accessories...love them...soften a bit & slowly acquiring the shine.. not sure the bag comes in mysore though..

luv the spine in CDC, the uniqueness... dying to have one...guess will take the new chevre a go as well...

Here are my pair of coromandels... i love the spines running symmetrically through the centre of the bags all round. It's quite obvious though so you have to like the look of it. I personally adore how the spine makes the bag look like an "exotic" but without the hefty price tag

316481425.jpg

Here's my mysore. The grains are much finer and the spine is not obvious.

316481423.jpg

I find that both types of chevre are similar in weight and slouchiness factor. The bright colors look amazing in chevre as it has a nice sheen.

As mentioned above, i prefer CDC over mysore in a bag