Go to Fall/Winter Bag?

May 27, 2008
I'm looking for a new "go-to" fall/winter bag that can make it through everything and anything (rain, wind, snow, cold) and this year I'm looking at the Damier Beaubourg. It seems to be the perfect bag because of it's dark colour and also the large zipper pocket for things I might not want getting wet in the rain. I haven't seen the bag IRL so I was hoping someone could help me with a few of my concerns.

Is there any slippage of the straps when worn on the shoulder?

Do I need to be worried about getting caught in a downpour with this bag?

Can this bag hold much weight? Such as a laptop?

Does the bag hold it's shape even when it's full of stuff?

Is this bag fairly casual looking or can it be dressed up a bit too, say for a formal lunch meeting?

Any advice is very appreciated! TIA!:smile:

Gzuzdude08

Jul 28, 2008
how about a damier speedy its not a shoulder bag but still a great bag that would be great for both fall and winter and you woundn't have to worry about vachetta.:yes:

LVMOMMY

O.G.
Nov 21, 2007
California
This looks like a great Fall addition! It has the gorgeous Damier Ebene print and can be dressed up with a colorful bandeau! A great choice for Fall!

Aug 17, 2008
Don't know about a laptop, some of them are pretty big so it may not fit, you'd have to try it out. Also laptops are better off in special laptop bags as they are padded and generally sturdier since they are designed for this purpose. Something to think about if you carry your laptop around a lot, if it's just sometimes it probably doesn't matter.

May 27, 2008
how about a damier speedy its not a shoulder bag but still a great bag that would be great for both fall and winter and you woundn't have to worry about vachetta.:yes:
I have considered that as well and I've seen them many times but never felt like trying it out. But now that I was looking at it online I couldn't tell which size would work for me. If someone might have some comparison pics on the different sizes and how much each can hold that would really help :smile:

LisaG719

Living life...
O.G.
Jun 16, 2006
Oregon
Is there any slippage of the straps when worn on the shoulder? I don't own this one *yet* but I noticed that most double strap bags tend to slip off my shoulders.

Do I need to be worried about getting caught in a downpour with this bag? Not at all! Damier is great because their is no Vachetta to worry about!

Can this bag hold much weight? Such as a laptop? The website mentions that it can accomodate up to a 14" laptop. The straps are pretty thick so weight would come down to your comfort level.

Does the bag hold it's shape even when it's full of stuff? If you load it with items I am sure there would be some sagging at the bottom. But, it is pretty narrow so it wouldn't be too noticable.

Is this bag fairly casual looking or can it be dressed up a bit too, say for a formal lunch meeting? I think it can pull off both casual and dressy. :tup:

I say go for it!

If you decide towards the Damier Speedy then the 30 is the most popular choice. 25 is cute on petite frames IMHO but the opening is a PITA. 35 can be pulled off by many members but just looks over whelming on my 5'3" frame.

Best of luck with your decision!