Go for first Gucci?

scaredycat

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
BC, Canada
Hello there. I'm a Gucci admirer from afar.
Today while on vacation in Cancun, I checked out the Gucci store to look at the black Guccissima Sukey in medium. Alas, it was not love.

What caught my eye was a GG twins hobo with pink trim!
I love it but I'm concerned about the untreated canvas.
I only have experience with LV canvas so I'm a bit hesitant to go for this.

It's on sale too..bottomline is $645 Canadian, not sure if that is a good sale price or not.

So what do you Gucci guys and gals think? Should I go for it?

I also posted in the LV forum and someone suggested I post here as well.

Thanks for your thoughts!

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I know what you mean about the 'untreated' canvas my old Jackie has some wear along the folds but many others with the same original G-print canvas have had no problems for years.

The Twins hobo is a smooth style with no folds or corners so I don't think it should be a problem honestly, when you think how many original canvas bags are out there and sold every day the whole issue thing is over-emphasised.

However, if you are only thinking about the canvas/leather-trim Twins Hobo because it's supposedly a good price maybe let it go. Better to save and get what you really want, there is a Twins Hobo in Guccissima leather for not so much more money than the canvas even on sale

http://www.gucci.com/us/styles/232962AA61N1000#

kayti

Jan 21, 2010
IST
Sounds like a good deal. I wouldn't worry about the untreated canvas. I have a canvas Gucci bag I used daily for 4 years without being careful at all and it held up. Needs to be cleaned though, that's for sure...

Noi_82

Go SPURS Go
Nov 20, 2010
California
I love the LV canvas and what I dislike about the Gucci Canvas is the stain marks and the wear of it. I recently bought the GG twins medium hobo in black gussissima leather and I love it. I will no longer have to worry about my jeans stain mark getting on my purse. I love Gucci, but dislike how easy it will get dirty especially for the price for it.