Gng hospital doesn't perform facial contouring anymore!

They refuse to give me his information, so I'll sort it out once I am back there in November and I'll find out where he has gone.
What you are seeing here btw is the type of response you get from the nice people that help you prior to having any issues.
So whether its rhinoplasty or eyes or anything at GNG, please be aware of this.
Why didn't they let you know the doctor who will be in charge of your revision? As the patient you have every right to know.

@FieryCucumber

Its the same thing with regards to zygoma reduction. Did u noticed that koreans prefer to have a lower zygoma compare to western? Thats what also worries me, I have a high and very wide zygoma, I just wanted to narrow it (if possible) but not lower it down... but Im afraid it will end up like what the Korean Dr thinks look good (low zygoma).

So the Korean set of beauty standard for FC are: low zygoma, no angled jaw (smooth) and long chin.

Reactions: Madambutterfly89
Motty thats a good question.

I spent the whole night wondering about my Zygoma Reduction the night before surgery and regret it, because I still cant open my mouth properly. I would urge you not to touch it.

Whats made me even more pissed off is that I only wanted my side zygoma reduced, and a surgeon told me recently that easily could have been done by just pushing in the posterior zygoma (back arch) by just a few mm, and leaving the front cheek alone.

But again GNG Hospital didn't listen...they just do things their own way thats how they work. See below for their glorious arrogance.

View attachment 4104638

"All doctors have a right to their own professional opinion and what suggestions they give to patients in correspondance to that"

Well yes thats great, he can have his own opinion all he wants,....BUT if he is going to impart those opinions onto my face, via surgery, and without my consent, then thats completely illegal as far as I am concerned.

Hopefully this illustrates how angry I am.

If I was you I would just push in the rear arches just a touch and ask them not to lower it, and avoid the front cheek.

I can’t believe GNG turned out to be this way. They get paid to improve someone’s face based on that person’s aesthetic preferences, NOT their own cookie cutter image.

Reactions: MissOrange
I read that line and I am angry for you. The fact that any doctor thinks they have the right to impose their aesthetic on your face against your specific instructions is reprehensible. It is absolutely wrong to decide in the middle of surgery to just say F this, I'm doing what I like.

I agree that doctors get so used to seeing one type of "look" that they start to think that it looks good. To me, I also find that kind of extreme facial contouring to be ugly and unnatural. In 5 years when that trend dies down, all these girls will realize how fake they look.

In my opinion, it's malpractice because it is deviates so far from what you instructed them to do. The greater question is, what can a patient really do legally when they live in another country. What legal recourse do we really have when the law is biased in favor of the doctor, and against foreigners? The system is set up to protect the doctor and the huge money-making medical tourism industry in SK.

I have not yet heard of foreigners being successful at suing a clinic. The only possible thing is to put pressure on them until they offer a refund.

Last edited:
Think about how many people were silenced from speaking out....

The girl in that diary fortunately found a surgeon to pin her cheekbones back together--Her revision surgery was a success and look so much better then before gng.

Last edited:
"All doctors have a right to their own professional opinion and what suggestions they give to patients in correspondance to that"

Well yes thats great, he can have his own opinion all he wants,....BUT if he is going to impart those opinions onto my face, via surgery, and without my consent, then thats completely illegal as far as I am concerned.

@FieryCucumber
It's probably more likely that the Dr don't remember one specific patient from another. Youre already prepped and under the surgical curtains. In "Korean beauty" the round jaw line is preferred by the majority. As a Dr practices it is easier to do an one size fits all procedure. Unless your standard of beauty of theirs and yours are the same, you 'l be unhappy, and the whole medical staff will tell you how great you look even if you'e unhappy.
It is the same anywhere, l had a chin implant in the US and he gave me a chin like a white girl, (im asian)Everyone (all European descent) loved it and couldn' see why l was so unhappy. I was explaining and they could see it. I said "I look like an Asian tranny or a guy dressed as a girl. No Asian female has a big chin like this, only men. Caucasian women have big chin but it fits their aesthetic, but no Asian have a deep labiomental groove or chin like this" of course my SO couldnt tell either. HE S WHITE. LOL
So unless they have the same aesthetic as what you want it is an uphill fight. I feel for you the anger and frustration.

Before you when under preop did,they review,all your info and procedures? Surgical nurse, anesthiologist and Dr? When l went they just go over everything but is non specific. So l made sure that l reminded him what l wanted when l go my chin explant, focus on my saggy jowls and make sure my mentalism muscle don' sag. But l forgot to tell them don' give me "pixie ears!!". So now another thing to deal with.
It is really frustrating to try to get a PS that understands your wants and desire, not their own agenda
That's what brings me here looking for a good DES dr, but navigating wo dpeaking korean has been my drawback, plus the cost of traveling and other expenses.
Good luck in your quest for revision and hope it is a success. Please do share . Take care.

I just thought I would add to this thread a little more, as its been on my mind lately,...and it truly baffles me.

Its one of aesthetics, and the weird way in which they apply it.

GNG Hospital and many other places seem to think that obliterating the mandible angle and elongating the chin is somehow feminine, and isn't going to contribute to aging in 2-5 years after surgery or even before that.

comparison-jpg.4104433

Here is a very quick draft I did of one of their models on their page (left is current, right is morphed) Its not even done properly, but in my opinion serves to illustrate just how severe the removal of bone is. When you compare with the edit, I think the edit looks much better, more refined, more natural, more feminine, and would definately prevent ageing more.

The first image to to look like a huge chunk of jaw has been removed and the chin elongated like a goblet.

41-wiptpbwl-_sl500_ac_ss350_-jpg.4104446

Is it just me or am I missing something?

compare2-jpg.4104434

Again another edit. Why in the hell, as a female would you want to elongate the face and make your face more masculine, and in the long run contribute to accelerated ageing?

The brainwashing comes partly from showing a girl without scrap of makeup prior to surgery....and then giving them a total 100 filter makeover after surgery to complete the illusion. There is absolutely no objectivity so therefore they think the after is the ideal, when really in reality it isn't, at all.

I would love to see them do the opposite. Post surgery take a picture of the girl with no makeup in the morning, and then show a picture of them before they had surgery in makeup and and a pretty dress.

And this isn't just about beauty, its providing a structure to your face for years and years to come, so your masseter muscle and other tissues don't slide down your face.

Attractive female faces usually always have a relatively short chin (not recessed or too short) with a nice angle to their jaws. Example below:

lily-jpeg.4104440

And its not just a Western thing. Look at Nana for example.

nana-jpg.4104441

Different culture, same principle applied.

I spoke with the Face Dental about a revision, and to their credit, all of their pictures have no photoshop or at the very least a minimal amount compared to other clinics. No weird tricks used. Their doctor also consulted with me for longer (for free) than any of my pre surgical consults with GNG Hospital.

And this brings me back to the problem, for the most of Korean clinics, I think even their surgeons are brainwashed into thinking this is the ideal beauty standard. Because of that, they will disregard the patients opinion because their subconscious is telling them it should look a certain way. Its arrogance,..my opinion of beauty is right, I am the doctor.

I'm being honest with you. During consult with GNG I must have brought over 80 images of females with similar jaw angles and was looking for a subtle result. I made this so clear (it was my biggest fear). All the coordinators nodded their head with their fake smiles, made me feel comfortable, like they understood me. The doctor nodded, ....and then hours later decided **** it, I'll do the complete opposite of what I have been instructed to do crystal clear terms.

And then for them to tell me "the surgery was very much a success" and my face had "limitations" was just deceptive in the extreme. My jaw had nothing wrong with it.

rfrefreferfe-jpeg.4104445

I don't know if anyone agrees but I thought it important to share my opinion, because a lot of people are getting completely hoodwinked by filtered and un-objetive images, and it just goes unvetted the the clinics can be as devious and deceptive as they please to make money. The illusion of thisneeds to be shattered so people can make much more informed decisions.

It my opinion a lot of their ideals on aesthetics are completely skewed. My mistake was thinking they could apply their skills to a western face. The answer is they cant and I'm sure that applies to the majority of clinics.

I hope this helps people.
Hey I sympathise with you and I feel horrible about your situation, but I don’t think you should say things about the models like that! With the goblet thing and the ‘usually attractive faces have angles’ thing. I know it’s just your preference but you come off really aggressive and it wasn’t that nice especially since some of the models are actually on this forum and are incredibly nice and helpful people who just happened to have a good experience. Try not to use your pain to bring down others, they have their preferences too :smile:

Reactions: HannahCc and Nochu
I just thought I would add to this thread a little more, as its been on my mind lately,...and it truly baffles me.

Its one of aesthetics, and the weird way in which they apply it.

GNG Hospital and many other places seem to think that obliterating the mandible angle and elongating the chin is somehow feminine, and isn't going to contribute to aging in 2-5 years after surgery or even before that.

comparison-jpg.4104433

Here is a very quick draft I did of one of their models on their page (left is current, right is morphed) Its not even done properly, but in my opinion serves to illustrate just how severe the removal of bone is. When you compare with the edit, I think the edit looks much better, more refined, more natural, more feminine, and would definately prevent ageing more.

The first image to to look like a huge chunk of jaw has been removed and the chin elongated like a goblet.

41-wiptpbwl-_sl500_ac_ss350_-jpg.4104446

Is it just me or am I missing something?

compare2-jpg.4104434

Again another edit. Why in the hell, as a female would you want to elongate the face and make your face more masculine, and in the long run contribute to accelerated ageing?

The brainwashing comes partly from showing a girl without scrap of makeup prior to surgery....and then giving them a total 100 filter makeover after surgery to complete the illusion. There is absolutely no objectivity so therefore they think the after is the ideal, when really in reality it isn't, at all.

I would love to see them do the opposite. Post surgery take a picture of the girl with no makeup in the morning, and then show a picture of them before they had surgery in makeup and and a pretty dress.

And this isn't just about beauty, its providing a structure to your face for years and years to come, so your masseter muscle and other tissues don't slide down your face.

Attractive female faces usually always have a relatively short chin (not recessed or too short) with a nice angle to their jaws. Example below:

lily-jpeg.4104440

And its not just a Western thing. Look at Nana for example.

nana-jpg.4104441

Different culture, same principle applied.

I spoke with the Face Dental about a revision, and to their credit, all of their pictures have no photoshop or at the very least a minimal amount compared to other clinics. No weird tricks used. Their doctor also consulted with me for longer (for free) than any of my pre surgical consults with GNG Hospital.

And this brings me back to the problem, for the most of Korean clinics, I think even their surgeons are brainwashed into thinking this is the ideal beauty standard. Because of that, they will disregard the patients opinion because their subconscious is telling them it should look a certain way. Its arrogance,..my opinion of beauty is right, I am the doctor.

I'm being honest with you. During consult with GNG I must have brought over 80 images of females with similar jaw angles and was looking for a subtle result. I made this so clear (it was my biggest fear). All the coordinators nodded their head with their fake smiles, made me feel comfortable, like they understood me. The doctor nodded, ....and then hours later decided **** it, I'll do the complete opposite of what I have been instructed to do crystal clear terms.

And then for them to tell me "the surgery was very much a success" and my face had "limitations" was just deceptive in the extreme. My jaw had nothing wrong with it.

rfrefreferfe-jpeg.4104445

I don't know if anyone agrees but I thought it important to share my opinion, because a lot of people are getting completely hoodwinked by filtered and un-objetive images, and it just goes unvetted the the clinics can be as devious and deceptive as they please to make money. The illusion of thisneeds to be shattered so people can make much more informed decisions.

It my opinion a lot of their ideals on aesthetics are completely skewed. My mistake was thinking they could apply their skills to a western face. The answer is they cant and I'm sure that applies to the majority of clinics.

I hope this helps people.

This is exactly what's been on my mind lately. I've noticed that this is the warped aesthetic of many factory clinics. Somehow, they think that a narrow, elongated face with no mandible angle and a long protruding chin is an attractive look. Sorry if I'm coming off aggressive, but I've seen many girls who look older and more masculine after contouring surgery because their surgeons have a warped view on feminine beauty. Ideally, as a female, the chin should be short, and the mandible angle area should NOT be completely obliterated (or even in some worse cases, totally caved in). If the mandible angle area is slightly wider and fuller than the chin, it makes you look younger and cuter. But I think beauty standards in Korea and China are skewed, and most people who get surgery want the opposite look: an elongated and very narrow face. I grew up in Asia and that's just the way it is, their beauty standards are very different from western standards.

This is exactly what's been on my mind lately. I've noticed that this is the warped aesthetic of many factory clinics. Somehow, they think that a narrow, elongated face with no mandible angle and a long protruding chin is an attractive look. Sorry if I'm coming off aggressive, but I've seen many girls who look older and more masculine after contouring surgery because their surgeons have a warped view on feminine beauty. Ideally, as a female, the chin should be short, and the mandible angle area should NOT be completely obliterated (or even in some worse cases, totally caved in). If the mandible angle area is slightly wider and fuller than the chin, it makes you look younger and cuter. But I think beauty standards in Korea and China are skewed, and most people who get surgery want the opposite look: an elongated and very narrow face. I grew up in Asia and that's just the way it is, their beauty standards are very different from western standards.

Thats because so many people rush into surgery with ZERO common sense and ZERO proper research. They don't analyze their own faces and instead just jump on the bandwagon and get procedures other people get regardless of whether or not its appropriate for their own facial structure. They just listen to other people's bad advice or are just accept whatever the hospital suggests. News flash, this is a business, MANY clinics will push unnecessary procedures on you to meet their bottom line. The best way to protect yourself is to research, research, research.

Reactions: krod2017