Glue on the lining?

gga

Satans Little Helper
O.G.
Dec 16, 2006
Hey y'all...If a bag arrives with glue on the lining, do any of you know how to get it off? It's about 3" long and 1/4" or less wide, but it's going to catch a bunch of dirt and get really gross if I don't get it off quick. It's at the upper edge, so it will get dirty and show pretty badly once it starts attracting mess.

I'm certain it's glue left over from the crafting process. I just need the name of a solvent. I contacted BE, but they want pics before they'll give advice, and I don't have a functional camera system right now.

I don't want to put that much effort into it, I just want to make the glue go.

Any advice?

Totally, not sure, but maybe you could try some steam to get it off?? I have a heavy duty steamer (Polti EcoPro) that I use to clean my house with -- it gets anything out! So, I'm thinking absent one of those, you could try distilled water steam from a kettle? Just steam and wipe with a cloth towel while you are steaming...

Good luck; things like that can be annoying I know!

You might try putting a paper towel on the stain/glue area and ironing it -- hoping that the glue will melt and the towel will absorb it. I have no idea if this will work...but it works with wax drippings that I get on my tablecloths... Just brainstorming here!

I don't know to be honest.

If it's dried on hard could you maybe just pick it off? If it's dried on sticky (iykwim!) it might be worth trying the old removal of chewing gum trick, which is to put an ice cube in a plastic bag and then rub it over until it becomes brittle and then pick it off.

I don't know though, because I'm guessing it's a dried on smear type of thing rather than any of the above.

Steaming's worth a go - be careful you don't spread it about though.

I'd be pretty wary of all solvents as they may lift the colour of the lining.

Even if you could take a photo using a camera phone and then send to Jackie?

It's sticky glue. Really, really sticky glue. It's going to get dirty fast in the Gulf Coast of Texas here. I'm truly not annoyed, I don't want to return the bag, and I don't want to even have any sort of cathartic grump session. I love this color and style so much! I love how the pink lining looks with the green leather. I just want the sticky gone before it picks up nasty goop.

I'm mortified to admit that I can't work my phone camera. I'm seriously barely able to turn on the computer. I avoided the internet for years, hoping it was a passing fad, and I wouldn't have to go to the effort.

I'm going to try the ice thing. I don't think an iron would work. I just want to fix it fast without going to too much trouble about it.

If anyone has any brainstorms, LMK. I'll let you know how the ice thing turns out.

The only thing I can suggest is ICE.

I remember reading about getting gum out of clothes once by icing the gum until it became hard as a rock...then it could easily be picked off.

Might work with the same with glue. You can give it a try.

Glue on lining pics...Any thoughts?

This is two different spots on the bag, one on each side.

Attachments

• glue streak 1.JPG
    glue streak 1.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 109
  • glue streak 2.JPG
    glue streak 2.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 106
Was this a new bag? Was it bought directly from BE? To me, for the price of the bag, that is unacceptable and sloppy craftmanship. I would return it.

You shouldn't have to pay a cobbler to fix a new bag. Come on, these bags aren't cheap. I know I will be lambasted by all the BE lovers, but this is not right.

Was this a new bag? Was it bought directly from BE? To me, for the price of the bag, that is unacceptable and sloppy craftmanship. I would return it.

You shouldn't have to pay a cobbler to fix a new bag. Come on, these bags aren't cheap. I know I will be lambasted by all the BE lovers, but this is not right.

LOL!! Don't worry about it, you're entitled to your opinion! Besides, whether you're a BE lover or not......any item, especially at this price, should be sent/arrive in immaculate condition, that's what quality control is for! :tup: