Glue on brand new navy miniflap

ms007

For Love of Hermes
O.G.
May 17, 2009
There is some type of glue residue on the corner. I tried meltonian and baby wipes but it won't come off. I was able to pluck it off on where it was on the thread but not on the leather. Ugghh I am so sad now to return it.:tdown:

Can you take a picture of it? I am trying to suggest few tricks I normally do with simple at home items that are least harmful.

#1) Before you try the lemon oil thing, do you have like the Chanel eye makeup remover? Try that first. This thing can do wonder.

#2) If not, try to get a tape and stick on the glue residue and pull it to see if it removes it.

#3) Another thing I found very useful to remove glue residue is "magic eraser" that you can get for few cents from office depot. Basically, rub the eraser in circular motion to slowly pick up the glue residue. But be gentle and don't overrub as heat from rubbing might cause discoloration.

#4) The above 3 will do least harm. As for the lemon oil thing, I have this glue remover that is kinda like lemon/orange oil that I usually use to remover very sticky glue residue (eg car registration sticker on the car plate etc) but don't use this. It might be too saturated for the leather. Try to get a lemon or orange rind and squeeze the rind so the oil will disperse onto the leather, wait few seconds and rub slowly with your fingers. Of course, please test it on small area.

#5) If all means fail, contact SA and see if can locate another one? Did you order this from Jonathan? He just sent email a day or two ago with another navy caviar mini flap along with dark red and light brown.

I tried taking a picture but it is not showing up on film. No I purchased this from saks in New York just last week. I will try magic eraser, if this does not work it is going back. So sad. I emailed Jonathan already for another one.

QUOTE=yodaling1;20788970]Can you take a picture of it? I am trying to suggest few tricks I normally do with simple at home items that are least harmful.

#1) Before you try the lemon oil thing, do you have like the Chanel eye makeup remover? Try that first. This thing can do wonder.

#2) If not, try to get a tape and stick on the glue residue and pull it to see if it removes it.

#3) Another thing I found very useful to remove glue residue is "magic eraser" that you can get for few cents from office depot. Basically, rub the eraser in circular motion to slowly pick up the glue residue. But be gentle and don't overrub as heat from rubbing might cause discoloration.

#4) The above 3 will do least harm. As for the lemon oil thing, I have this glue remover that is kinda like lemon/orange oil that I usually use to remover very sticky glue residue (eg car registration sticker on the car plate etc) but don't use this. It might be too saturated for the leather. Try to get a lemon or orange rind and squeeze the rind so the oil will disperse onto the leather, wait few seconds and rub slowly with your fingers. Of course, please test it on small area.

#5) If all means fail, contact SA and see if can locate another one? Did you order this from Jonathan? He just sent email a day or two ago with another navy caviar mini flap along with dark red and light brown.[/QUOTE]

Oh no!!! I hope everything works out OP! Now I must run home right away after work and take out my mini flap to check for glue as well! :shocked: Please do keep us posted on how things turn out!

Ummm...it's really not right to return after you tried taking it off and put products on the bag. I wouldn't want to be the unlucky person who got stuck with your bag. I hope you can get it off...

Whether you tried to take it off or not, glue on the bag is a defect, I have had it around the zipper areas and have taken the bag back, it will discolor into a dark yellow color with time, take it back, its not your fault that you tried to take it off and it did not work, make sure you tell them to send it back to chanel as defective and not put it back on the floor. Just because you tried to clean it and it would not come off, by the way, it will not come off, you should not have to keep a defective bag.