Gloss over Liptick

MissTiss

Shopping Issues
O.G.
Mar 2, 2007
How do you all feel about this? I have this serious aversion to mixing one with the other, because frankly, I don't want my gloss to get icky, or change in color.

What do you do to get around this? I figured use a potted gloss instead, but they get on my nerves and leave me with a messy finger. Hate that.

Help?

That's exactly why I use either tinted gloss or very moist lipsticks.

Besides the messy finger, I hate getting gloss under my fingernails.

ME too! It's gross! I am a freak about my fingernails.

I do the same, buying tinted gloss or moist lipsticks, but sometimes, I love the looks created by mixing the two. I am just not interested in grossing up my gloss...KWIM?

they have lip brushes that you can use to apply lipgloss.

I use that method all the time. Im so use to it, that i dont even wear lipgloss without my lipsticks...and lipliner.

i like lipglosses that come with a wand, the brush kind that also is found in nailpolishes. those are my favorite.

Use those lipglosses that squeeze out from a tube.

LOL! Totally didn't think of that!

they have lip brushes that you can use to apply lipgloss.

I use that method all the time. Im so use to it, that i dont even wear lipgloss without my lipsticks...and lipliner.

i like lipglosses that come with a wand, the brush kind that also is found in nailpolishes. those are my favorite.

ME too! The brushes rock! Smashbox has good ones. So do you buy extra throw away lip brushes that dip into your gloss, or do you mix them up?

I do this all the time! I just use a lip brush and dab it in the gloss- I can always wash the brush after.

While we're on the subject, which is the best clear (no tint / no sparkle) lip gloss to wear over lipstick?

I do this all the time! I just use a lip brush and dab it in the gloss- I can always wash the brush after.

While we're on the subject, which is the best clear (no tint / no sparkle) lip gloss to wear over lipstick?

Smashbox makes one (not squeeze though) called Crystal. I don't own it, but I do have others by Smashbox and I love them.

I have recently learned that if you are using that Revlon liquid unpaid overtime stay all day lip paint, DO NOT put gloss over it, because if you do it will react with the lip paint will get little grains of color all over your lips.

I have come to the conclusion that I am totally addicted to the Cover Girl 18-hour lipstick. I should own stock in that company, already. I think I own every stinkin' color. It stays on forever and it comes with it's own top coat (gloss) and it really does last all day long. Plus, I never feel like I have grease all over my lips. I sometimes use the gloss over my other lipstick, and it has a nice texture by doing that, too.

^^^ I'll try that one! Haven't used Covergirl in probably 5 years.

I like the squeeze tube lip glosses too, but I find that they still get all gross when I use them over lipstick - not as bad as the ones with a brush, but they do.

My favorites right now to wear alone are Smashbox in Candid and Dior Addict High Shine in Beige-A-Porter. I tend to go for a more neutral, glossy lip and a more dramatic eye.