Global search - also for bags?

kashmira

Team Orange
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
Does anyone know if a "global search" can be done also for a bag?

If yes, can bags be transferred between H stores in different countries so that it is possible to buy it, if it is found, in the "local" store?

My store have in the past done global searches for bags for me and they have been transferred between different countries. However it is very unlikely that they would transfer a Birkin or Kelly as stores can sell these and have no need to transfer them out. HTH

Kashmira Also the H in my part of the world is in the process of transfering to a new computer system. If you are looking for a bag now I would wait until the transfer is complete.:flowers:

Thanks Ms Birkin and Julide. Unfortunately I suspected that they might not be that keen on sending bags between different continents. I just had to ask since that would be the only way to the Kelly I am dreaming of unless I would stumble across a pre-loved one...

IF they (very unlikely though) would accept to transfer the bag to "my" store, I guess that I would pay the "local" price, right?!

Thanks Ms Birkin and Julide. Unfortunately I suspected that they might not be that keen on sending bags between different continents. I just had to ask since that would be the only way to the Kelly I am dreaming of unless I would stumble across a pre-loved one...

IF they (very unlikely though) would accept to transfer the bag to "my" store, I guess that I would pay the "local" price, right?!

I don't know if you would have to pay the price there or where the bag was shipped...can you phone order a kelly? I know they say that you can't phone order a birkin...also what would be the customs fees...ok:shame:thinking out loud again!

This search can be done for Kellys (to my knowledge, and an almost definite No for Birkins), not sure on the pricing though. And again, it really depends on the store and the SA imho.

I think it depends on the store, I had a bag (not a birkin or kelly) transferred from Hawaii to the UK, after my SA did a global search to find the colour I wanted. It took about 5 weeks in total (not sure why) and to my knowledge I paid the local price in my store, but this was 18 months ago, so the policy may have changed re pricing. HTH