Glitter Pigalle 120 or black patent?...

Nov 30, 2009
Good morning ladies! I have a question about glitter CLs: what is the base for it - leather or fabric? I still am a newbe in the CL's world and I tried to search this forum but couldn't find an answer... :shrugs:
I would love to have Pigalle 120 in my shoe collection and I found two options: in mini multi-glitter (Neiman Marcus) and black patent (NAP). Also, which option do you think is sexier and fun?
I will appreciate all of your inputs, girls, TIA!!! :angel:

Well. In my opinion I'd say the mini multi-glitter is fun, and the black patent one is sexy.
What I love about the Pigalle is that is looks so sexy with the 120 mm heel - it's seductive, it's sensual... And the multi-glitter is just a little more fun and girly, if you know what I mean.
I'd choose the black patent, but it depends on what you think you'd wear it with, and what your wardrobe looks like :smile:

Patent is more durable and wearable.
Glitter is more delicate and you wouldn't want to take them out in the rain or anywhere they may get dirty (not that I would put any of my cls through that anyways).

It depends whether you want 'sensible yet sexy' (patent) or 'extravagant and sexy' (glitter).

Personally I would probably get the glitter because I find a 120 (w/o platform) very high and not for lengthy wear. But everyone is different, and some of the girls on here find the pigalle 120 really comfy.

HTH

Patent is more durable and wearable.
Glitter is more delicate and you wouldn't want to take them out in the rain or anywhere they may get dirty (not that I would put any of my cls through that anyways).

It depends whether you want 'sensible yet sexy' (patent) or 'extravagant and sexy' (glitter).

Personally I would probably get the glitter because I find a 120 (w/o platform) very high and not for lengthy wear. But everyone is different, and some of the girls on here find the pigalle 120 really comfy.

HTH

Thank you darling! I'm kinda leaning toward the glitter ones too... :thinking: Is the glitter sitting on top of leather? Or is it a fabric shoe? Thank you!!

Thank you darling! I'm kinda leaning toward the glitter ones too... :thinking: Is the glitter sitting on top of leather? Or is it a fabric shoe? Thank you!!

That is something one of the experts may want to chime in on. I only own a pair of patent 100 pigalle so I honestly don't know!

I'm sure you'll buy the perfect pair for you!

Hello, and welcome! The type to get really depends on where you want to wear them! If you are looking for more of a party shoe, then I would say get the glitter! On the other hand, if you are looking for a sexy, everyday shoe that can still go out, then the black patent would be better. I would personally go with the black patent because of the versatility, but you can't go wrong either way. Please make sure to let us know what you decided!

I think glitter is sitting on top of fabric, not leather. I prefer black patent on pigalle 120, nothing is more sexy and classic than that shoe. I like the look of glitter on the styles that are more fun, like NP or Ron ron. But either one would be a fabulous choice nevertheless.

I actually asked a SA about what material is underneath the glitter and was told leather.... I love my glitter, and will remain a very special pair to me. But as for practicality, I wld choose patent. GL!!!

Pfnille, bec_h_med, LouboutinNerd, marie-lou, flowergirly, label24, Alice1979, xiaoxiao, cl-pig: thank you girls so much for your recommendations! :tender: Now I'm confused and don't know anymore which pair to get. :confused1: I guess I'll have to make my decision in the morning, with the fresh head (I killed my feet today walking 2.5 hrs in some platforms... :Push:smile: But I would like to have leather underneath the glitter, and if there IS fabric then I'll definitely go for patent! Buy the way, how long do you girls last in 120 Piggies (in average)? (I've read so many threads with different opinions :wacko:)

I don't know about the Pigalle and the regular glitter, but I own the mini-glitter on the Lady Lynch and the little plastic label that tells what the material is said it was not leather on the top of the shoe but IS leather inside and the sole of the shoe.

I don't know if that varies by style.

Really, it boils down to your collecting style for CLs. Do you want to get some real classics first, then have more unusual pairs, or is your style more get pairs as you like and as goes with what mood you're in now.

For myself, I have only 5 pairs right now and I am feeling patent big time though it certainly feels like there is plenty of room for suede and strass ;)

Chloespeaks