Glimmer Dies Over Rouge VIF Twiggy! (plus dilemma)

1. I'm freaking out...I love this bag SO much!

Now I don't know if all rouge bags will be this glorious or if it's just mine. There are NO veins or shine on this bag whatsoever and it is SMOOSHY! I only own 2006 bags so this is a whole new world for me. I feel like I have a 2004 bag or something! I do notice that it has a different smell. My other two bags have a very distinct leather smell. This bag doesn't really smell like leather...I'm probably smelling the dye.

Now the dilemma...like I said, this bag is GORGEOUS. It does, however, have six small spots on the back of the bag. I don't know how this bag acts around water but I'd guess they are either water spots, or more likely, dye spots. So do I keep this bag in all its gorgeousness or attempt to exchange? The spots don't really bother me but I'm always thinking of resale value. Has anyone else noticed spots on a new bag? I HIGHLY doubt they are anything but dye spots.

I guess I'll call Joseph.

Okay, sorry...I was so anxious to post my pics but I couldn't get a good one of the spots. I'll post more as soon as my dang coworkers leave so I can snap some pics!

rouge.jpg
  2. oooooooooooh it's GORGEOUS, Glimmer! I would so keep the twiggy if I were you! Actually my 02 caramel classique has uneven spots on the bottom of the bag too... I think it's just variation in the dye and how the leather absorbs it. I love variations, I think that's why these bags are one of a kind :smile:

3. Thanks hatikuh! I was hoping I'd hear that...it's definitely a variation in the dye but I don't notice that on my other bags (with all the veinyness I wouldn't see them anyway). :smile:

4. OMG!!! That is just the most gorgeous bag I've seen!!! Do not return- you have a beauty there!!!:love:

5. Keep It!!!!!!!

6. Oh Glimmer, it's gorgeous! and Twigyy, Twiggy, Twiggy!!! If you love the bag, don't return it. Anyone buying it after market is going to be a Balenciaga nut and know that the bags are unique and one of a kind, and it's just the way the goat dyed out.

I wish you well,

Bridget

7. Thanks Zacori, Lori, and Bridget!!

8. Wow !!!Gorgeous :nuts: !!!
    I definately love this Rouge Vif !!!
    If the spots don't bother you, maybe you should keep it...

9. I can't get the spots to show up in my pics so forget it! Here's another token pic with her sis Blueberry Purse. Love that Rouge doesn't have veins/marbling yet I wouldn't change a thing about my Blueberry. I love everything about that bag!

rouge and blue.jpg
  10. Oh my goodness, your twiggy is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-i-c-u-s (I know that's not a word but we have to make one up for the Rouge VIF color!). My Rouille twiggy has a couple of uneven spots on it too, so unless it really bothers you, I would just keep and enjoy your gorgeous new Twiggy!! :flowers:

11. Congratulations! I'd keep it, since to me it just sounds like natural leather variation and not a flaw :smile:

12. Glimmer,

The different colors are definitely a leather variation due to the marbling. My Twiggy has it too.

13. OMG. Soooo beautiful! I'd keep keep keep!

14. ^ditto! its just a natural variation in the leather... makes it unique! you should name it apaloosa or dalmation or something funny and spotty like that! ;)

15. I know what you mean but the spots are actually round little spots like water spots. I'm totally over it (no way could I part with this bag) though so no worries!

Thanks all!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice