Glazing on new 6 key holder in mono

Luba87

O.G.
Oct 10, 2012
Hi all,
I am so so sad that my new (2 months) mono six key holder has a major glazing issue. You can see the edges are lifting away from the canvas. Is this how new pieces are?! I’ll definitely take it to LV but I’m so disappointed and wonder if it will happen again and again.
I’ve already swallowed the hard pill that the button will get dirty, peel, etc, and even some glazing issues after a while, but this is only 2 months in!
Very disappointing!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi all, so an update- LV said they can do one complimentary re-glazing but said to keep using it until it becomes worse and then take it in. I guess that's the best that can be done!

It’s almost expected now that all the new SLGs from LV need to be checked frequently and reglazed. The slender wallet and zippy wallet I bought last year, the glazing fell apart, so I feel your pain.

The glazing on vintage items or before 2010 was much thicker and stronger. Make sure you take it in before the year’s warranty is up.

Reactions: Luba87
It’s almost expected now that all the new SLGs from LV need to be checked frequently and reglazed. The slender wallet and zippy wallet I bought last year, the glazing fell apart, so I feel your pain.

The glazing on vintage items or before 2010 was much thicker and stronger. Make sure you take it in before the year’s warranty is up.
Yes, very sad that the quality has gone downhill. It’s pretty disheartening to hear “this is expected wear and tear” when we’re talking about a 2 month old item!
I think I will be going pre-loved from now on, the canvas and glazing on some vintage pieces is still so vibrant and no peeling!

I would have asked for a replacement for that since it's only been two months. I had a wallet in 2010 (Brazza) that had glazing issues almost immediately and I allowed them to send it off for repair, instead of demanding a replacement. Within weeks of receiving the repaired item back, it happened again in the same spot. I then had to argue with the management that it was defective, they tried to blame me and said that it must have been overstuffed (which it never was - I have several SLGs to carry additional cards and never even once carried coins in my wallet) and it almost put me off the brand altogether. I eventually got a refund and bought a different style of wallet (original Zippy Compact) which I've been using since 2011 and it has never required re-glazing or repair.

I think it's just your luck re. quality. I wouldn't say that the quality now, in terms of quickly requiring new glazing, is significantly lesser than it was ten years ago. As I said, I had issues almost right away with the wallet I purchased from LV in 2010 but I've had SLGs (and bags) in more recent years that have been absolutely fine.

Keep an eye on this and when you do have it re-glazed, keep an even closer eye. I wouldn't leave it too long to have it done, because you run the risk that they'll then try to charge you for it. If it happens again I would demand a refund or an exchange for a different item. Good luck!

I would have asked for a replacement for that since it's only been two months. I had a wallet in 2010 (Brazza) that had glazing issues almost immediately and I allowed them to send it off for repair, instead of demanding a replacement. Within weeks of receiving the repaired item back, it happened again in the same spot. I then had to argue with the management that it was defective, they tried to blame me and said that it must have been overstuffed (which it never was - I have several SLGs to carry additional cards and never even once carried coins in my wallet) and it almost put me off the brand altogether. I eventually got a refund and bought a different style of wallet (original Zippy Compact) which I've been using since 2011 and it has never required re-glazing or repair.

I think it's just your luck re. quality. I wouldn't say that the quality now, in terms of quickly requiring new glazing, is significantly lesser than it was ten years ago. As I said, I had issues almost right away with the wallet I purchased from LV in 2010 but I've had SLGs (and bags) in more recent years that have been absolutely fine.

Keep an eye on this and when you do have it re-glazed, keep an even closer eye. I wouldn't leave it too long to have it done, because you run the risk that they'll then try to charge you for it. If it happens again I would demand a refund or an exchange for a different item. Good luck!
Thank you, I really appreciate your past experience... I did leave the store unsatisfied with their answer. I also sent pics to two SAs I know who both said it's considered regular wear but that LV will do one complimentary repair. But of course, SAs won't admit in writing that there is a defect...
I think I will go to our flagship store in Toronto and see if I can get a replacement. if they even have this item in stock :sad: