Glazing on LV Monogram Empreinte Felicie Pochette bag

dcbdickens

Jun 19, 2020
I am about to purchase an LV Monogram Empreinte Felicie pochette bag. I have heard the glazing on the edges can crack and/or peel. Does anybody own this bag and, if so, have you had a problem with the glazing?

livetotravel

Sep 30, 2018
I do own this bag and bought it the very 1st year it was available so mine is 5 years old now. I don't have any cracking, but I do have minor peeling in certain spots. I attribute it to normal use because it sits near my hip and gets banged around pretty frequently. I have used it and abused it, but I still love it. I have one in empriente also, but haven't used it as much do to the pandemic. I will likely be a little more careful, but maybe not. I don't baby my bags or slgs.

KimTX

Mar 19, 2013
Any glazing on any bag will eventually peel or crack or wear down. It's a barrier to the leather, meant to protect the leather. When it wears down, you can get it reglazed. Go ahead and buy the bag.

livetotravel

Sep 30, 2018
I do own this bag and bought it the very 1st year it was available so mine is 5 years old now. I don't have any cracking, but I do have minor peeling in certain spots. I attribute it to normal use because it sits near my hip and gets banged around pretty frequently. I have used it and abused it, but I still love it. I have one in empriente also, but haven't used it as much do to the pandemic. I will likely be a little more careful, but maybe not. I don't baby my bags or slgs.
I read the question incorrectly, I have a canvas and empriente. Canvas yes, nothing on empriente.