Glazing On Clemence wallet

stonefox11

Jan 28, 2011
Hello! I just purchased my Clemence wallet in monogram fusia and could not be more happy with it. I have noticed recently however that the ends/edges of the wallet look a bit rugged/frayed (for lack of a better description). Is this normal? Is this a sign of the glaze peeling? This is my very first LV wallet and I’m not sure if this is just normal wear? I just purchased the wallet in May of this year so I have not had it 5 months yet and I’m not hard on it at all! I have attached pictures for reference. IMG_1506611049.617658.jpgIMG_1506611082.485361.jpgIMG_1506611105.336562.jpg

Reactions: uhpharm01
I've not had mine that long I think nearly 3 months. Mine don't display the scuff kind of marks you have. This wallet doesn't have the thick glazing like on the bi fold/ tri fold or button close full wallets have. I think it's just some kind of thin paint or colour put on the edges to make it look neater. Looks like yours is chipping off. I don't think it should be like that so soon. I think you should pop into the store and ask them. Hopefully they don't say its normal wear or tear. As I bought this wallet because it didn't have the glazing. 2017-09-28 16.59.46.jpg

Reactions: stonefox11
This is not normal. Take it back. They should reglaze for free as it’s less than a year old. I have a ZCW OM, and it used to have glazing like urs. I sent it to be reglaze and it came back with a little thicker glazing. It should be done with thicker glazing- thin glazing like this wears so quick.

I have the same wallet in Rose Ballerine. Mine started peeling at around 10 months & I don't use it often. I put it up (fully intending to have it repaired) & forgot. I've had it a year & a half now & the peeling is more defined. I submitted a repair request just now. Hopefully they don't charge me. As expensive as Louis Vuitton products are, you think they'd offer the best warranty known to man!!! 20230905_050603.jpg