Glazed leather

Trail7

O.G.
Jan 12, 2008
Can anyone tell me how the glazed leather holds up over time? Does the "sparkly" look tone down with use? I have a MAM in glazed persimmon and I love the pop color for hot summer days but am not so fond of how it "sparkles" in the sun. I am considering returning it I but hate to give up the beautiful deep red/orange color. If someone who has had a glazed leather RM could tell me how it changes with use and time- or doesn't change at all- I would really appreciate your help.

I wish I could help but I've only owned my Grape MAC Daddy for a few days. I'm sure it's glazed leather. I have to say... love it a lot. I'd love to pick up another one in the glazed leather. I think it's different and I love handling it, looking at it... etc!

I wish I could help but I've only owned my Grape MAC Daddy for a few days. I'm sure it's glazed leather. I have to say... love it a lot. I'd love to pick up another one in the glazed leather. I think it's different and I love handling it, looking at it... etc!

Thanks so much for your comment. I have decided to keep mine because I love the Persimmon color so much and the leather is wonderful. I am getting used to the shimmer and actually enjoying it more and more. And I am now looking at a Grape like yours- what a beautiful purple.

Thanks so much for your comment. I have decided to keep mine because I love the Persimmon color so much and the leather is wonderful. I am getting used to the shimmer and actually enjoying it more and more. And I am now looking at a Grape like yours- what a beautiful purple.

There is another girl around here who also has the MAC Daddy in Grape, and she too raved about it. I was happy to read that b/c mine was on its way. She said she wasn't particularly a huge purple fan but that she loved the Grape and the leather, and she was looking for a Swing in Grape. Sure enough, when my bag arrived I knew exactly what she meant and I feel exactly the same. It's fantastic. It's the perfect purple in my opinion and while I don't necessarily have a lot of purple things, this Grape is FAB I'd get another bag in Grape if I could. I just don't think I should get a full sized MAC in Grape although I'd love to, as the Daddy and the regular feel like very different bags. Hey, I did get a 3 zip bag in Grape from eBay last night but I know that one will always be on the small side and probably won't be used as regularly as a larger bag.

I love the MAC Daddy. The size is good and I wear it as a shoulder bag. As a cross body it's too big but it's perfect as a shoulder bag.

Anyway, I encourage you to get something in Grape if you can. Actually, Amazon as a Swing bag in Grape now that's like $202 - a great price!

ladies, what kind of looking leather is actually glazed leather? I have a red mac, it is a little shiny,it's different from my mab mini and mini macs. please see attached picture, is it a glazed leather? TIA :smile:

Attachments

• T2VST1XdBXXXXXXXXX_!!45421235.jpg
    T2VST1XdBXXXXXXXXX_!!45421235.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 725
ladies, what kind of looking leather is actually glazed leather? I have a red mac, it is a little shiny,it's different from my mab mini and mini macs. please see attached picture, is it a glazed leather? TIA :smile:

I could be wrong, but it looks glazed to me:smile: you ahead beautiful Mac btw! Love the deep red shade!!

I could be wrong, but it looks glazed to me:smile: you ahead beautiful Mac btw! Love the deep red shade!!

Thank you :biggrin: I was not sure if I liked the shiny leather at first, but it was a present and my first mac, love the red, and when I carry it, it looks really nice, my one and only a little shiny leather:P

i don't have any of the glazed leather bags mentioned here. my observation is the ones in Grape, Navy, Taupe, Lipstick and Sage are also slightly distressed. while i don't think the color of Ms.Qi's MAC is Lipstick. maybe it's the light or maybe i am wrong but i don't find it distressed. all are beautiful bags :smile:

Last edited:
i don't have any of the glazed leather bags mentioned here. my observation is the ones in Grape, Navy, Taupe, Lipstick and Sage are also slightly distressed. while i don't think the color of Ms.Qi's MAC is Lipstick. maybe it's the light or maybe i am wrong but i don't find it distressed. all are beautiful bags :smile:

My persimmon MAM is very distressed.

oh yes, there are many colors which are also distressed. i have not yet touched any of those so i am not sure if i like it or not. guess i'll stick to pebbled leather ;)

IMG_1473501446.151017.jpg
I have had this Glazed Hunter Everyday bag since 2010. And for the first three years while I was at uni, it was exclusively the bag I used and abused every single day.

It has truly held up beautifully. The glazing has made the leather color-transfer-proof, extremely water-resistant, and there are absolutely no scratches or scuff marks anywhere on the bag.

This bag is helluva bomb-proof, I can tell ya!