Glazed Black MAB? Keep or Return? Will it ever soften up? Zipper?

AmandaHW

O.G.
Jan 23, 2009
So I ordered a Glazed Black MAB from Bluefly. I had just gotten a MAB off of ebay that was a little too blingy for me but loved the style...anyway it came and it is really beautiful, super shiny w/blue zipper track. The problem is it is soooooooooo stiff. The one I got off of ebay just slouches when it is not stuffed, but this looks almost like a black doctor's bag or something! I also got in a BBW SO with silver hardware (which I usually prefer to gold). But, if this one would soften up a bit I could see keeping it because it is definitely a dressier bag, whereas the BBW has a fuschia zipper track with pebbled leather. So, will this bag ever soften up? If it won't, I probably will send it back to Bluefly since I have really overspent my budget lately, I just don't want to end up wishing I had kept it since black bags are my most used and it only cost me $335. The other thing is that the zipper pull seems really stiff too, it is pretty hard to pull, and I wonder if that is normal for new bags?

Last edited:
I have exactly the same bag and the one in light blue with orange trim. The blue/orange was a bit slouchy and softer than the black MAB with blue zipper, but I am carrying my black/blue bag for 3 or so month now and it softened up. Although it does keeps the shape more than the other one. I like the fact that it hold the shape though.

i have a glazed black mac that i adore and it has definitely softened up since i wear it at least once a week to go out.

as for the zipper, almost all RM's have a tough zipper in the beginning.

from my experience, after using a bag 3-4 times the zipper track softens up.

Here are some pics of my mac...

there are so many different types of black leathers, it might be a different one than yours...

but if it's the same, it's a truly gorgeous durable leather.

Attachments

• glazedblack.jpg
    glazedblack.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 92
  • glazedblack2.jpg
    glazedblack2.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 83
  • glazedblack3.jpg
    glazedblack3.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 91
I am in the exact situation as you are. I also purchased the "glazed black" MAB from Bluefly (along with the teal Matinee) but am contemplating returning it. I prefer big handbags but the shape is very structured. I am going to hold out on a decision for a few days and think this one over. I just purchased a black (pepper) Matinee on Bonanzle and think I'll prefer that to this MAB. If the leather had more give to it, I think I'd like the MAB style.

*~*My MAB was the same way when I first got mine (Black Ink). To soften mine up I put a few bottles of BBW lotion, a candle, & bottle of perfume in it & let it hang on a doorknob for about 3 days...now it smooshes down & it definitely has more give to it. HTH!!!*~*

I have a glazed black MAC and it's been used off and on since late Fall of last year I think and it's softened up a bit--totally used may a dozen times, I also use leather conditioner on it and perhaps that helped. But the leather's much softer than smooshy now then it was when I first got it.