Glass Feeding Bottles

twochubbycheeks

..just KEEP swimming
Aug 18, 2007
Hello Mommies~

Has anyone been using or will be using Glass Feeding Bottles for your babies?

I've read just now on the internet that a "chemical found in some plastic food and drink packaging including baby bottles may be tied to early puberty and prostate and breast cancer".

Here's the link:
http://green.yahoo.com/news/nm/20080415/sc_nm/plastic_bottles_dc.html

So my question is, do you have any specific brand you use - if you are using Glass Feeding Bottles? I've checked babiesrus.com and they have evenflo, dr. brown's and born free name brands. I might get the evenflo's but I just also want to know what are you experiences with using Glass Feeding Bottles.

catters

Apr 16, 2008
I've used the Evenflo glass bottles and they work great. But I saw that the born free also have glass now too. The evenflo are VERY economical and you can order silicone sleeves for them at thesoftlanding.com. I currently use the born free plastic bottles, but they are BPA free, even though they are not glass. There are a few other types of BPA free plastic bottles out there, which is nice, especially once your LO starts grabbing that thing away from you! :smile:

twochubbycheeks

..just KEEP swimming
Aug 18, 2007
I've used the Evenflo glass bottles and they work great. But I saw that the born free also have glass now too. The evenflo are VERY economical and you can order silicone sleeves for them at thesoftlanding.com. I currently use the born free plastic bottles, but they are BPA free, even though they are not glass. There are a few other types of BPA free plastic bottles out there, which is nice, especially once your LO starts grabbing that thing away from you! :smile:

Thanks for posting the site. I will check it out. :tup:

kimberf

Loves the Lindy!
O.G.
Mar 8, 2007
California
Dr. Brown's also makes glass bottles, and I know a few people who love their bottles for reducing colic, etc.

As catters says, you can get a few different kinds of plastic bottles that are Bisphenol-A free. That's what I'm using, since I figured chances of us smashing the glass ones were high. I'm using a kind called the Adiri natural nurser. The whole bottle is smooshy and it's sort of breast-shaped. I also have the Born Free BPA-free bottles, but they were a faster flow, so I was having a hard time getting my little guy to switch between breast and bottle after like one day with the Born Free, so they're stashed away for now.

Here's a pic of the Adiri

twochubbycheeks

..just KEEP swimming
Aug 18, 2007
Dr. Brown's also makes glass bottles, and I know a few people who love their bottles for reducing colic, etc.

As catters says, you can get a few different kinds of plastic bottles that are Bisphenol-A free. That's what I'm using, since I figured chances of us smashing the glass ones were high. I'm using a kind called the Adiri natural nurser. The whole bottle is smooshy and it's sort of breast-shaped. I also have the Born Free BPA-free bottles, but they were a faster flow, so I was having a hard time getting my little guy to switch between breast and bottle after like one day with the Born Free, so they're stashed away for now.

Here's a pic of the Adiri

Yeah, I'm thinking about that too - chances of having the glass bottle breaking/smashing, plus it might be a lil heavy for teeny tiny babies to hold when they're feeding from it.

I am in a kinda panic mode right now. I am scheduled for my c-sec on May 12 and I am just now hearing this news about the harms of using plastic bottles. There are not many choices here where I live as we have a small store inside the base - I'm not sure if they even carry BPA free baby bottles. *sigh* My last resort is to order online and hopefully, they deliver to an FPO address like mine. If not, I will ask my BFF back in the States to buy some bottles for me and mail it asap. LOL

Korilynn

My little princess
Oct 25, 2007
UK, But from FL,USA
Yeah, I'm thinking about that too - chances of having the glass bottle breaking/smashing, plus it might be a lil heavy for teeny tiny babies to hold when they're feeding from it.

I am in a kinda panic mode right now. I am scheduled for my c-sec on May 12 and I am just now hearing this news about the harms of using plastic bottles. There are not many choices here where I live as we have a small store inside the base - I'm not sure if they even carry BPA free baby bottles. *sigh* My last resort is to order online and hopefully, they deliver to an FPO address like mine. If not, I will ask my BFF back in the States to buy some bottles for me and mail it asap. LOL

Hi there! My DH is military and we have an apo address. Shipitapo.com will ship things to you for a really small fee. I have used them before! You can try that if you want to make sure you get items asap! :tup:

Rockst@r

Zeta lady forever!
O.G.
Jan 1, 2007
New Jerz formerly Philly
I used glass bottles for my dd, who's now 4. I don't remember which brand. I am pregnant now with my second, and I'll be using glass with this one as well. Plastic harbors bacteria. Anyways, I haven't determined which brand I'm going to use this time around, but I have 6 months to think about that.

twochubbycheeks

..just KEEP swimming
Aug 18, 2007
Hi there! My DH is military and we have an apo address. Shipitapo.com will ship things to you for a really small fee. I have used them before! You can try that if you want to make sure you get items asap! :tup:

oh yeah! I've used them before also, when we ordered my DD's toddler bed! LOL I might use them again, if babiesrus don't ship to an FPO/APO address.

Hubby and I will be checking out another US Base's dept store here this weekend to see if they carry any glass bottles. If not, I will definitely place my order online.

twochubbycheeks

..just KEEP swimming
Aug 18, 2007
I used glass bottles for my dd, who's now 4. I don't remember which brand. I am pregnant now with my second, and I'll be using glass with this one as well. Plastic harbors bacteria. Anyways, I haven't determined which brand I'm going to use this time around, but I have 6 months to think about that.

Are the glass bottles a lil heavy for babies? I haven't seen one yet, IRL :shame:

ILuvMyHusband

Apr 15, 2007
i use born free plastic... love them. i also have the born free glass but havent used them yet... i'm clumsy and figure it would be my luck to break them.