Giving used LV bag as Christmas gift?

Michelle1025

Jeans and Heels
Mar 7, 2006
My husband and I want to buy our daughter a Damier Azur Mini Pochette for Christmas (on top of tons of toys) but, I have a Mono Mini Pochette that I haven't used in years sitting in my closet. Is it tacky to give a used LV bag to someone for Christmas? For some reason I feel weird giving someone-anyone something used, but I wouldn't mind getting a used LTD from LT for Christmas myself. Thoughts?

I don't think there's anything wrong with giving your used pochette to your daughter. That is quite sweet! Besides, LV are like family heirloom. It is like giving your daughter your grandmother's cameo necklace or something. It would be weird giving someone like a friend your used LV. I would be proud to carry my mother's LV. I say go for it! :yes:

Nothing wrong with that, especially since you're her mom! That would be so sweet! I felt so special when my mom offered to give me all of her Diors!

I don't see anything wrong at all with giving it to your daughter. I'm 22 and my mom gives me her used LVs :lol: But yeah, it would be weird to give a used bag to a friend or something.

I have two daughters myself and think it's sweet to give her your pochette. How old is your daughter? You should ask yourself if she's old enough to appreciate a luxury item. If it's just another "play purse" to her, you might want to wait until she knows the difference between the real thing and a toy.

I totally agree with the previous posters. Giving it to your daughter is a wonderful idea, but it would be in poor taste to give a used item to a non-family member.

I don't think it's an issue if the recipient in question is a true bag fan and not deterred by used bags- especially your daughter, who won't notice the difference anyway.